Recommendation for PC Speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantasia

Nov 9, 2003
The North
Visit site
Hey there,

Any recommendations for PC speakers within the region of $100+-?

Are there really significant differences between 5.1 and 2.1 speakers? If 5.1, any good brands or particular speakers to recommend?

i went to creative shop, the speakers look chio and cute leh. small small one

i went to creative shop, the speakers look chio and cute leh. small small one

Saw this recommendation for creative speakers over at hwz..
http://sg.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=28&product=14299

Looks cool...but abit over budget.

Anyway is it better to get higher quality 2.0/2.1 speakers or just 5.1 speakers? What's the difference...? I assume that equal quality 5.1 speakers will be more expensive than 2.1 speakers...

Saw this recommendation for creative speakers over at hwz..
http://sg.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=28&product=14299

Looks cool...but abit over budget.

Anyway is it better to get higher quality 2.0/2.1 speakers or just 5.1 speakers? What's the difference...? I assume that equal quality 5.1 speakers will be more expensive than 2.1 speakers...

do u play games or watch DVD? if normal usage, think 2 speaker enough leh.

i am using my mac pro tower internal speaker :sweat:
bcos i hate to have things on my desktop....the lesser the better.

do u play games or watch DVD? if normal usage, think 2 speaker enough leh.

i am using my mac pro tower internal speaker :sweat:
bcos i hate to have things on my desktop....the lesser the better.

Well, i listen to mp3s, play games and watch dvds occasionally.. i actually haf the altec lansing 221..but thinking of giving them to my sis while i get a new pair of speakers.

Had a quick browse thru hardwarezone, seems like the altec lansing mx5021 is highly recommended.

The creative t20 is not bad for a 2.0 setup. Treat your ears, get a good pair of headphones and a usb dac. :bsmilie:

using creative i-Trigue 3400(2.1)... $99 :lovegrin:

Altec Lansing VS4121 for 2.1 $100+ range or

Altec Lansing FX5051 for 5.1 at $ 300+... I am using it and very happy with it. You won't regret for that. It needs a few hours of burn in. Better than many low end 5.1 Home theatres.

For the same price range, i find altec is better than creative. It produce better response to frequency range....

Altec for me too.:thumbsup:

try out challenger store at funan? they got quite a small range of speakers to test out.

Hey there,

Are there really significant differences between 5.1 and 2.1 speakers? If 5.1, any good brands or particular speakers to recommend?

Creative ? :think:

Hey there,

Bose MediaMate Computer speaker:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't wanna start a bashing but - bose is overrated.

Currently using a KRK Systems ST6 with NAD C300 Amp for my PC ...

How's the Mackie Tapco? Tempted by the Behringer passive studio monitors ...

There are better alternatives out there.

Most already mentioned (shall add a few more) :

Creative Gigatworks T20 2.0 (For music listening and light DVD watching)
Klipsch Promedia 2.0 (For music listening and light DVD watching)
Klipsch GMX 2.1 (For music, gaming & DVD watching)
Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 (For music listening and DVD watching)
Altec Lansing ATP3 2.1 (For music, gaming & DVD watching)
X-Free 2.1 - $29 - no kidding - (For music listening and light DVD watching)

Don't wanna start a bashing but - bose is overrated.

Currently using a KRK Systems ST6 with NAD C300 Amp for my PC ...

How's the Mackie Tapco? Tempted by the Behringer passive studio monitors ...

There are better alternatives out there.

Most already mentioned (shall add a few more) :

Creative Gigatworks T20 2.0 (For music listening and light DVD watching)
Klipsch Promedia 2.0 (For music listening and light DVD watching)
Klipsch GMX 2.1 (For music, gaming & DVD watching)
Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 (For music listening and DVD watching)
Altec Lansing ATP3 2.1 (For music, gaming & DVD watching)
X-Free 2.1 - $29 - no kidding - (For music listening and light DVD watching)

Any noticeable difference between the ATP3 and the AL 221? Cos thats what i'm using right now. Only thing is that the subwoofer doesn't have a seperate control, so it sounds abit too heavy at times.

For the budget stated by TS, I will recommend the Divoom Xforce-3. Good clarity and even better bass. My bro-in-law & I was shopping for a 2.1 speaker with similar budget last month and had tried several speakers from different brands. The Xforce-3 was the last we tried and my bro-in-law bought it immediately, for the price of $100 +, it was as good as those in costing $200++.

Looking at the budget, I wouldn't recommend any of the 5.1 speakers at that price range.

Any noticeable difference between the ATP3 and the AL 221? Cos thats what i'm using right now. Only thing is that the subwoofer doesn't have a seperate control, so it sounds abit too heavy at times.

Yes there is. There's a bass control knob on 1 of the satellites, you can control the treble as well. Each satellite has got a mid range driver firing downwards and a pair of tweeters giving you highs. The sub is great and punchy for the average user.

I wouldn't dare touch other brands than the ones i've stated due to QC reasons. Have personally encountered them giving problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.