Recommendation for P&S needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

qing02051981

Dec 25, 2005
Simei
hancheng-travel.blogspot.com
Hi,

I was looking at buying a Nikon S600 however it has not received good feedback. Any recommendations for Panasonic point and shoot at least 10MP?

why would u need 10mp for a normal pns? do you need very large prints?

try Fujifilm F50fd...
(F31fd is much better tho, provided u can live with 6mp and u can find it, ISO performance is superb)

I think you're another one of those who buy into the concept of "more megapixels is better", and therefore having a camera with less megapixels will make you some sort of technological dinosaur.
did you realise that PnS cameras with high megapixel count actually perform worse in terms of picture noise, compared with their ANCESTORS...? Something to ponder over...

The native resolution of a 17" or 19" LCD is 1280x1024 (1.3 megapixels).
An 8R (8" x 10". Almost A4 size) print requires about 4 megapixels if printing at 200dpi. Unless you're cropping 70% of the photo off, 12MP is excessive for a PnS, don't you think?

Partial reason is to allow for crops. Anyway most P&S cams are around 10MP to 12MP, didn't want to buy one and get outdated fast.

i will not touch any digital P&S with a small sensor with more than 8mp. The best compacts have less than 6mp.

I think you're another one of those who buy into the concept of "more megapixels is better", and therefore having a camera with less megapixels will make you some sort of technological dinosaur.
did you realise that PnS cameras with high megapixel count actually perform worse in terms of picture noise, compared with their ANCESTORS...? Something to ponder over...

The native resolution of a 17" or 19" LCD is 1280x1024 (1.3 megapixels).
An 8R (8" x 10". Almost A4 size) print requires about 4 megapixels if printing at 200dpi. Unless you're cropping 70% of the photo off, 12MP is excessive for a PnS, don't you think?

I understand the concepts of megapixels very well. More megapixels means more noise. Like I said, a 10MP allows me to crop and the picture stays above 6MP.

Furthermore, I am a microstock photographer, megapixel is important to me.

I understand the concepts of megapixels very well. More megapixels means more noise. Like I said, a 10MP allows me to crop and the picture stays above 6MP.

Furthermore, I am a microstock photographer, megapixel is important to me.

What is a microstock photographer ?

why not look at the Nikon Coolpix P series (P5100, P500, P80 etc)?

There are some with full scale image sensors compared to the usual PnS

For example the Sigma DP 1 :)

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.