Recommendation for lens XX-200mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnong316

May 4, 2008
HI all,

I'm using alpha 300 + Tamron 17-50mm. I'm looking for a zooms lens to complement with this lens. Thinking of Sigma 70-300mm f/4 or tamron 28-300mmf/3.5-6.3. What do you guys recommend.

Better take the Sigma or something of similar range. No point using the superzooms like 28-300 or so. It's a useless range since your Tamron covers it already (and offers f/2.8!). Secondly: image quality for zooms with lower range usually is better. In addition, you'll get wider aperture at the long end.

Better take the Sigma or something of similar range. No point using the superzooms like 28-300 or so. It's a useless range since your Tamron covers it already (and offers f/2.8!). Secondly: image quality for zooms with lower range usually is better. In addition, you'll get wider aperture at the long end.

is there any sigma or Tamron lens that you will recommend for xx-200mm that will not compromise sharpness?

The Tamron 18-270 is horrible at 270mm at the aperture f/6.3!
It's not even a full stop!

Marie

is there any sigma or Tamron lens that you will recommend for xx-200mm that will not compromise sharpness?

My knowledge about the usable lenses for Sony Alpha is nearly zero. Maybe the fellow Alpha users can help here?
Have a look here, it shows what lenses can be mounted on your Alpha system. Next, you can read the various reviews of lenses. Good sources are DPReview and Photozone. Lots of user feedback can be found on Fred Miranda. But be aware that results from certain lenses for let's say Nikon mount cannot simply taken over to any other mount.

HI all,

I'm using alpha 300 + Tamron 17-50mm. I'm looking for a zooms lens to complement with this lens. Thinking of Sigma 70-300mm f/4 or tamron 28-300mmf/3.5-6.3. What do you guys recommend.

I would rather go for the 70-300mm.
why?
because longer focal range usually affects the image quality
especially at the extreme ends. (read from somewhere)

Hi John,

have you heard about the legendary beercan (Minolta 70-210 f4.)? I would strongly recommend that you get this wonderful lens.

You can check it out here

thanks all..I decided to get the Minolta 70-210mm f/4

Status
Not open for further replies.