Recommendation for Good IT Outsource Company?

ziploc

Jan 17, 2002
Snoopyland
As per the title, do we have any members from the IT industry that is familiar with IT outsourcing and can recommend a few good IT outsource companies? Thanks. :)

Recommending some of the possible outsourcing.

BT Frontline, Web Vision, Ufinity Pte Ltd, Accenture, Fujitsu

Whether they will take up your assignments will depends on how much CR you are likely to give them and also the price too. Since you have not mentioned the size and expectation of your project, I will just give you a few to start with.

I suspect most hosting companies have a separate department for professional services which may suit your needs if you are also hosting with them. For companies to come in and manage your system only, the price might be higher and normally they are also looking for future professional services for business continuity.

I'm looking for outsourcing of the entire IT operations for the company I'm working for, not hosting. Essentially will need them to administor the domain/pbx servers, firewalls, backups, and all user technical support.

I'm looking for outsourcing of the entire IT operations for the company I'm working for, not hosting. Essentially will need them to administor the domain/pbx servers, firewalls, backups, and all user technical support.

Fantastic. Since it's such large scale project, I'm sure HP, Accenture, NCS have sufficient resources to help manage your project. I have worked with projects that have them involved and they have outsourcing themselves to have dedicated personnels to manage the systems all year round. Pricing wise I won't be able to advice. You will need to liaise with their account managers directly.

What they will do is outsource their personnels or companies under them to work within your company's premises. If that's what you are referring to. I know a few government agencies operate in such manner. In fact, it could be all of them actually.

You've left out IBM...

Does any outsourcing really save cost ?
Short term yes, but not for long term.
I know a few mnc regret it, and the HEAD quit eventually
Because of some incidents ..

Note that u can never outsource accountibilty.
U still have to take responsible for any consequence
Even it is your outsourced partner fault.

Last edited:
Sometimes it is not about cost saving, it's also human resource restructuring.

Human Resource wise, MNC may not have the attraction for engineers to join, and also if this is an in-house personnel, there must be sufficient things for them to do in order for the cost to be justified. Not all MNC have the necessity to keep on upgrade their equipments too. Next is where to find sufficient well trained engineers in all those enterprising equipments. The courses to send engineers so that they are proficient is not cheap. Also it's not as if you send an engineer for the course and then they will be proficient overnight.

When you outsource to these companies, what you get in the Service Level Agreement and Contract is most probably they will do a one to one replacement if anyone decided to quit. If the MNC do it themselves, then it will incur man power on the HR for such purposes, which is also not profitable to their business nature.

Of course, both insource and outsource comes with pro and cons to themselves. It depends on the nature of the business and also how much risk each company wants to bear. It's not really an easy decision altogether. Also some departments are not suppose to outsource such as financial departments, the business will still need a group of own people proficient in this area, but at least mundane portion of the infrastructure can be outsource for less hassle, in some ways.

I don't know whether it will be cost effective or not, but surely when it comes to skill sets, not all business have it.

U will be surprised that most "real talent" don't exist in
Outsourced company including the big one because they pay peanuts ...

U will be surprised that most "real talent" don't exist in
Outsourced company including the big one because they pay peanuts ...

I am not surprised because I'm working in the IT industry. If they are not found there, where do you think they exist ? From the stand point of a CEO running a F&B company wanted to outsource his IT department, do you think he should try and hire himself or look for them in kopitiam ? Moreever, since he is not operating an IT company, what do you think his luck will be to find a good CTO and his CTO has sufficient calibrate to find good engineers. Talents don't hop all over the places. Unless you know one, you probably can't find one even if they walk pass you everyday when you are on your way home :)

Even if they are willing to pay more than peanuts and give them Macadamias, do you think all these talented people wanted to stay with a F&B company knowing that you will have a "good" promotion roadmap ahead? What do you think ? :)
If the F&B is willing to pay me $100,000 per month, yah I will quickly join one and slack until early retirement. If not, I rather join an IT related firm and work hard knowing the boss "probably" knows how to appreciate me more because we are more likely on the same wavelength. There again, it's just me.

Last edited:
What about the technical infrastructure? Do you consider replacing everything (or partially) or is the deal about finding an external party operating everything 'as is' for a lower cost rate? Or is the intention only to remove the IT department from the core of your company (converting it into an external supplier)?
I'm working for a company focusing on the first option: logical migration of systems into our data center.

How good the outsourcing gets depends on the specifications put up and the budget. Outsourcing is contractual and if you want those company to good, they better be.

I do work for Hamilton Sunstrand(UTC) here in Singapore, they completely outsource to CSC here. They have a data center located at Henderson.

Representative key clients in Singapore include:

BHP Billiton
DuPont
Maybank
Ministry of Health, Singapore
Motorola
United Technologies Corporation

Cheers ....

I see we have quite number of key players here huh. Doing well for their day time job, and then pick up photography shoot shoot... :)

Outsourcing... in the end it is always a PITA... But for the top people who pushed this, it always looks good, because on paper, it seems a lot of money is saved. But rarely that is the case.