Recommendation for external Flash for FZ-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno

Jan 22, 2005
Land of the Teddy Bear
Hi Guys, newbie posting a question.... can recommend some external flash and its cost to be used in dim light condition like dinner occassion? Thanks ..! :D

how come no one bother to do a search... this topic was being discuss ages ago...

Besides Sunpak 383, the other popular flash that Lumix users use is Suntax 328DTZ. :)

any pic of it???

tanxs for the pic dude :)

i jus bought mine last night at AP funan

Emoblitz ds328az
$60
made in singapore

zenman49 said:
Emoblitz ds328az
$60
made in singapore

hows the performance of it so far? is the flash output adjustable?
the oem manufacturer has a new model released, DF-828MS...did you see AP carrying it??

exerpt from cosmos website

Model Number: 828DF
Product Name: 828DF Digital Flashgun

Description:
"Compact, ergomonic designed and powerful flashgun holding at a guide number of 28 at ISO100 and a wide zoom capability ranging from 28mm-105mm.

The latest member in Cosmos's flash family, the DF-828MS has been conceptualized to be the first and only flashgun that is suitable for all makes of digital cameras. Within this unit, besides having a unique time lag to resolve the "pre-flash" features in most digital cameras, user can also adjust the power of the flashgun to achieve the optimal illumination required on individual digital photo.

Beside bringing in extra lighting to illuminate the subject of focus, the 828DF flashgun can also be used as an slave flash which could help to eliminate possible shadows resulting from direct illumination. Unlike other "fixed position" flashgun, the 828DF can be bounced from 0-90 degree vertically and swivel 0-330 horizontally to enable the creation of other unique lighting condition.

The 828DF is supplied together with a small bracket and a flexible tablepod."

Eh codling, i read from some user review that the df200 is only activated via another flash (slave mode only). So i dun think can use as normal flash attached to the camera's hotshoe. Anyway, i ordered a sunpak 383 super from US. Costs me S$130 cos my colleague going to US so i ask him bring back to germany for me. I got a quote from CP that they can import the flash for you if you want, but it costs S$175 not including 5% gst.

snapMan said:
Eh codling, i read from some user review that the df200 is only activated via another flash (slave mode only). So i dun think can use as normal flash attached to the camera's hotshoe. Anyway, i ordered a sunpak 383 super from US. Costs me S$130 cos my colleague going to US so i ask him bring back to germany for me. I got a quote from CP that they can import the flash for you if you want, but it costs S$175 not including 5% gst.

it does seem to be the same one...
think the emoblitz would be an economic choice for a flash...

snapMan said:

bro, with that amount of money you can actually get a used nikon sb-24, with lcd display, motoric zoom, and other advance features... do some hunting in ebay. i got my sb-24 around that price inclusive of the shipping to singapore. never regretted the decision to obtain one. my cheap suntax now is lying around, collecting dust...

yea, but i did not want to take the risk of paying so high for an old product..dunnoe how long its gonna last also..somehow just cannot really trust buying from ebay. I prefer the manual controls cos can change settings faster lehz..perhaps personal preference lah..:)

From the flash models listed above, will any of those directly attach to the hotshoe, and properly operate the same as a Panasonic flash designed for the FZ20? If none of the above will work, is there a model available that will? Thanks

codling said:
hows the performance of it so far? is the flash output adjustable?
the oem manufacturer has a new model released, DF-828MS...did you see AP carrying it??

exerpt from cosmos website

Model Number: 828DF
Product Name: 828DF Digital Flashgun

Description:
"Compact, ergomonic designed and powerful flashgun holding at a guide number of 28 at ISO100 and a wide zoom capability ranging from 28mm-105mm.

The latest member in Cosmos's flash family, the DF-828MS has been conceptualized to be the first and only flashgun that is suitable for all makes of digital cameras. Within this unit, besides having a unique time lag to resolve the "pre-flash" features in most digital cameras, user can also adjust the power of the flashgun to achieve the optimal illumination required on individual digital photo.

Beside bringing in extra lighting to illuminate the subject of focus, the 828DF flashgun can also be used as an slave flash which could help to eliminate possible shadows resulting from direct illumination. Unlike other "fixed position" flashgun, the 828DF can be bounced from 0-90 degree vertically and swivel 0-330 horizontally to enable the creation of other unique lighting condition.

The 828DF is supplied together with a small bracket and a flexible tablepod."
still learning how to use..... there is no auto mode for sure. i bought this instead of the suntax 328dtz becos it can swivel and can use as slave flash. so far so good. the bounced effect quite good.....

gwtx2 said:
From the flash models listed above, will any of those directly attach to the hotshoe, and properly operate the same as a Panasonic flash designed for the FZ20? If none of the above will work, is there a model available that will? Thanks

Hi..!! As what they suggested. For more economy choice, Suntax 328DTZ would be one of them. It cost around $50.... ;) and i am using it for my FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.