Recommendation for Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisturn

Jan 23, 2002
Buangkok Crescent
www.tri-angles.com.sg
Hi everyone,

Would appreciate your recommendations on a digital camera? Budget is about $900. Helping my sister in law source for one ... she will use it mostly for her new born baby girl as well as for travelling ... suppose macro is quite important and allows high iso if possible ...

would appreciate all your advice.

Thank you

Triston:bwhat:

Originally posted by twisturn
Hi everyone,

Would appreciate your recommendations on a digital camera? Budget is about $900. Helping my sister in law source for one ... she will use it mostly for her new born baby girl as well as for travelling ... suppose macro is quite important and allows high iso if possible ...

would appreciate all your advice.

Thank you

Triston:bwhat:

Try Nikon Coolpix 4500. $950 or thereabouts. Macro down to 2cm.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Try Nikon Coolpix 4500. $950 or thereabouts. Macro down to 2cm.

Regards
CK

its amazing how prices drop. 995 cost $1.4k when first out what.. 2 years ago?

How about a 601Z? It's compact and light; suitable for a lady and it packs a whole load of features.

Its video recording capability is limited only to storage space and I suppose this could be good for capturing video clips of her baby.

Macro mode is not bad either and the image quality is very good as well.

Originally posted by erwinx

its amazing how prices drop. 995 cost $1.4k when first out what.. 2 years ago?

Yeah. That's the bad thing about digital. Depreciation happens too fast. I bought my Coolpix 950 for $1680 in 1999.

Regards
CK

If you don't mind buying used, I think the Canon Powershot G1 is going for about S$600-800, and is good value for a 3.3mp digital camera with options for manual over-ride, hotshoe for flash etc.

i guess fuji S601z is good
got everything u need
high ISO at 1600
within budget
light weight
fuji image quality :D

if you want a "G1" like performance but on the cheap, check out the Epson promotion during Comex. The Epson 3100Z ($399+buy a photo printer) is a very capble 3.3MP camera with a good lens. Specs wise, it's similar to the G1 except that it uses AA batteries and didn't have a roatating LCD. Check it out!

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=286288

Status
Not open for further replies.