Recommendation for CPU fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

May 19, 2004
West
Any recommendations for a quiet CPU fan. Why? Everytime i talk to my girl, she will know that i'm multitasking again... ;) So i'm thinking of changing to liquid cooled system or some fans by cooler master. Any recommendation please :)

Adrian said:
Any recommendations for a quiet CPU fan. Why? Everytime i talk to my girl, she will know that i'm multitasking again... ;) So i'm thinking of changing to liquid cooled system or some fans by cooler master. Any recommendation please :)

cooler master is good.. i am using that too.. i have 6 cooler master fans in my pc though.... lol... but its a bit ah beng look.. cuz its all coloured fans... lol..

liquid cooling lor

the fan doesn't make much different esp if you are so sensitive to the noise. either u put some thing around the casing as noise absorber, or change to liquid cooling

Papst 8412 80mm. If you can still find it around.

Using thermal take on my SFF. My graphics card fan is much louder... annoying whine :bsmilie:

Coolermaster Hyper-48. It's dead silent and can be used for K8, S-478 & LGA-775 chips.

I have a huge mother of a Zalman all copper unit. It's really quiet.

Surely your girlfriend will still know that you're not paying all your attention to her because she can hear the gunshots and machine gun fire through the speakers :bsmilie: That or she'll know when you say one too many "Uh huh"s.

i am using zalman heatpipe for my CPU, graphic card and HDD cooler

but my dream system is this zalman fanless casing

zalman-5.jpg

Dual CPU and all cooled by heatpipes, from hard disk, to CPU and graphic cards....

Papst fans are sold by that hardware shop on the top floor of People's Park (same building as Larry Hi-fi), but without connectors, so you have to crimp/solder your own...

I find that my Superflower PSU fan, despite being a 120mm fan is noisy... i think its the brand cos' my intake 120mm fans are silent. Actually i find the PSU fans are noisier than my CPU fans. Any recommendation for really quiet PSU with fans (fanless PSU don't seem to have a good reputation.. too hot in singapore conditions).

yup...zalman is the most quiet PSU that i came across, but it is not cheap and I dunno if it is available locally

or u can get those PSU with temperature controlled fan, so that when the load is low, the fan in the PSU will automatically spin slower to reduce noise.

there is a brand call be-quiet...the fans actually will carry on spinning for 3 minutes after shut down, this is to remove the heat in the casing quickly to lengthen the life of the components

erwinx said:
Papst fans are sold by that hardware shop on the top floor of People's Park (same building as Larry Hi-fi), but without connectors, so you have to crimp/solder your own...

Yep, that's Koba electronics, I got mine there years back. But their supplies are usually inconsistent.

Wow thanks for your tips guys, actually i was thinking to install a 12cm fan, connected to a PVC pipe to cool the CPU :think: or installing self made water coolant system. Then again, leakage is the worst enemy.

kahheng said:
I have a huge mother of a Zalman all copper unit. It's really quiet.

Surely your girlfriend will still know that you're not paying all your attention to her because she can hear the gunshots and machine gun fire through the speakers :bsmilie: That or she'll know when you say one too many "Uh huh"s.

Then again, copper unit could be another alternative...
I think besides "Uh hun"s is "Oh ****" :bsmilie:

Adrian said:

Alternatively u can get hp that comes with noise-cancellation feature. It does magic. U can be in pub and she wouldn't even know :)

rainman said:
Alternatively u can get hp that comes with noise-cancellation feature. It does magic. U can be in pub and she wouldn't even know :)

:sweat:

Have anyone comes across PC casing that have sound insulation?

hmm...which model got noise cancellation?

my Samsung E630C suppose to have this voice-clarity feature but dun make much diff to me leh

Status
Not open for further replies.