recommendation for books on Photoshop 7 pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a book called retouching digital photography with photoshop or something like that in the library (read 1 in orchard lib)

I got it from amazon.com. Yep, quite user friendly, shows u how to achieve certain effects step by step with pictures. Not sure if Kinokuniya or Borders got or not though.

get this book: Adobe photoshop 7.0 for photographers by martin evening. priced around $70. techniques presented are suited very well for the professional/amateur photographer.starts from basic.

good luck.

:eek: Oooooooooooooo......library! yes ...it is a good place to start.....but i'd like to keep a reference book too as there is just too much to learn!

thanks for your contributions, pls keep them coming.....will only buy the book next week so any reviews are welcome.

There are a few books by this guy, Scott Kelby who is the editor-in-Chief of the Photoshop Magazine published by the Nat'l Assn of Professional PS Users (or something similar) in USA. One of them is the "Dirty Tricks" mentioned earlier in the thread. He has, I think 3-4 books on PS7, the latest is "The PS Book For Digital Photographers". Highly recommeneded as he writes by way of eg meaning you use any photo you have & run thru the steps to get the effect. You do not have to know PS but it works and each time in future, follow the same steps. Of course you learn to apply the sreps somewhere else instead. I believed the library has all his books.

I am using this book called, "Adobe Photoshop 7.0 studio techniques". by Ben Willmore. It is depend on personal preference whether you will like it or not. Personally, I found this book quite "basic", nothing fancy, but more "theorectical" than most "practical" books.

Photoshop for photographers 7.0. Around $45-$50, at Funan Computer Bookshop.

Another book called 50 Photoshop techiques for retouching photograph (or something - can't remember exact title) - this one I found in the library. Good place to start.

* togu using the Photoshop 7.0 User Guide that comes with the box only. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by sehsuan
i bought the PS7 bible... wonder where i misplaced it... :D

You don't need the book anyway, since you ever mentioned photoshop is cheating, and you don't want to be a cheater.

Originally posted by togu
You don't need the book anyway, since you ever mentioned photoshop is cheating, and you don't want to be a cheater.

please take your opinions elsewhere - no point making a fool out of yourself.

Originally posted by sehsuan
please take your opinions elsewhere - no point making a fool out of yourself.

Eh, he was stating a fact; I did recall you said you didn't like to use photoshop or something to that effect.

what i do is......

go library
borrow
3 weeks later
return
borrow again
(the branch i go got several copies :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.