Recommendation for ballheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny

Nov 13, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a ball head to fit the Gitzo series 1 Traveller CF tripods. Preferably to hold 6 to 8 kgs with Arca type mount. And if possible, relatively small in size/diameter so that the legs can fold in properly.

So far, Really Right Stuff BH-40 is the only one that seems to come close. Anyone has any recommmendations? Or links to pictures of the Traveller with ball heads?

Cheers,

Ok. Went to TK and check out the Markins Q3. Beautiful piece of gear. However, it is slightly too 'thick' for the Traveller. The legs cannot fold properly thereafter.

Any other recommendations? Or is the traveller not a popular model amongst our members here?

Cheers,

try oriental photo or cathay, they have smaller ballhead with acraswiss mounting, the brand is karingpoche (not sure i spelled it correctly).

Thanks for the suggestion. Also tried that. The Kangrinpoche NB-3A. Same problem. I think the Markins Q3 seems to be better than the Kangrinpoche NB-3A.

Perhaps I should consider just a clamp to mount on conventional screw of the standard ball heads. Anyone knows which type will screw straight in to the normal screws on the tripods?

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.