Recommendation for a PnS below $350?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbiegrapher

Jun 18, 2005
westz
A happy holidays to everyone out there 1st :)

Ok here comes a question...my relative need me to get a compact PnS below $350 and do not want to exceed above that budget. Just a cam that can slid nicely into the pocket when bringing out for use. i guess its mainly for family and friends shots.
Fujifilm Finepix series seem not bad through my thinking. well anyway..what camera and model do you dudes out there recommend?
Will drop by the shops to "feel n touch n decide" the cams on behalf for my relative within this 2 weeks when im free :D ...
Thanks for the replies in advance again ...

My personal bias is for Canon. The low end models are under $300.

u may be able to get a panasonic for that price too. they're quite slim.

u may be able to get a panasonic for that price too. they're quite slim.

no probs thanks.. will drop by soon :)
btw, for LCD screen, whats the biggest now? is there 3.5" now? :dunno:
heard my aunt saying she want the screen to be big...so big i shall give her thenzz ;)

You can try the Fuji F480, it's around $300+, has a 2.7" screen. Image quality seems decent.
There isn't much shutter lag BUT the camera is quite slow in loading the pics on the LCD screen after taking a picture, which can be quite annoying.

My recommendation for the price range will be the IXUS 70 though. It's a bit over $400, but quite value for money, considering that there's a free extra battery promotion now. The screen is slightly smaller at 2.5", but operation is fast and easy. For the extra $$$, you also get face recognition and good image quality at higher ISO.

no probs thanks.. will drop by soon :)
btw, for LCD screen, whats the biggest now? is there 3.5" now?

Casio, Sony and Panasonic are the ones with the big screens.

You can try the Fuji F480, it's around $300+, has a 2.7" screen. Image quality seems decent.
There isn't much shutter lag BUT the camera is quite slow in loading the pics on the LCD screen after taking a picture, which can be quite annoying.

My recommendation for the price range will be the IXUS 70 though. It's a bit over $400, but quite value for money, considering that there's a free extra battery promotion now. The screen is slightly smaller at 2.5", but operation is fast and easy. For the extra $$$, you also get face recognition and good image quality at higher ISO.

Casio, Sony and Panasonic are the ones with the big screens.

thanks for the brief explaination Prismatic :) ..
i will take a look at f480 and ixus 70 too in that case then i'll ask her to decide.... :think:

hi,

i've just helped a friend to purchase the olympus fe-280, for below $350. One extra battery and 1 GB XD card among other gifts given. Very slim too, not sure about quality of pics or functions too, just thought you might wanna look into this model too.

hi,

i've just helped a friend to purchase the olympus fe-280, for below $350. One extra battery and 1 GB XD card among other gifts given. Very slim too, not sure about quality of pics or functions too, just thought you might wanna look into this model too.

sure dude....i'll try tis cam out too then..thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.