Recommendation for a 30" Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid

May 3, 2006
Bishan
Hi

Currently looking for a good value for $ 30" monitor.

Anyone have advice? DELL or Samsung?

Would be nice if you know approx price too.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks

For colour accuracy the Dell 30" IPS panel, cost about $2199 at present. It's an IPS panel and is about as good as your going to get in an LCD monitor.

See:

http://configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=sg&l=en&s=bsd&cs=sgbsd1&kc=&oc=S143008WSG

Comparing the Dell 30" and the Apple 30", price aside, which one is better in color accuracy?

sidetrack a bit, for something that cost less than 1000sgd, any recommendations?

Not sure what is your exact needs but I am using the 26" LCD monitor from samsung. It cost less than 500 I think but the problem is that it looks a bit blueish when I first got it now I have already gotten use to it.

Hi

Thanks

Samsung doesn't have any IPS as it's a patented technology by LG / Hitachi / NEC etc..Samsung pioneers in VA (Typically PVA) technology which sits in between TN and IPS.

Samsung doesn't have any IPS as it's a patented technology by LG / Hitachi / NEC etc..Samsung pioneers in VA (Typically PVA) technology which sits in between TN and IPS.

How about LG, does it cheaper than DELL ?

What is e-IPS from LG ? Is it the same with IPS ?

How about LG, does it cheaper than DELL ?

What is e-IPS from LG ? Is it the same with IPS ?

E-IPS is a cheaper variant of the expensive IPS technology. Don't be fooled around by the name of IPS on E-IPS as it lacks majority of the qualities of a good IPS panel.

sidetrack a bit, for something that cost less than 1000sgd, any recommendations?

using 3007wfp non-hc bought a couple of years back at <900 for 2nd hand and colours are pretty accurate. s-ips panel :)

Last edited:
honestly i've never bought any of the IPS/non-IPS mumbojumbo.

a good panel needs good hardware subsystems to produce good results. our studio's ancient (at least 8yrs old?) 15" dell lcd produces more accurate colors than any IPS panels i've seen so far with an average deltaE of 0.2

an IPS / VA panel would be beneficial for the larger monitors as colour shifts do occur towards the top and bottom edge of the panel unless the user is seated quite a distance away from the monitor. Agree that TN is good enough for 15~17", calibrated 7yr-old 17" TN here is still sharing a portion of PP work ;)

I'm using a BenQ 24" with really great sRGB accuracy. Cost me 350.

Status
Not open for further replies.