Recommendation for 50mm prime lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went down to OP to check for 2nd hand k10d.... price for body is pretty decent. If any pentaxian here wants to let go of a k10, please let me know. :)

Main point of this post is... Prices quoted by the lady behind the counter for lenses have all increased. She cites high demand, lack of materials as main reasons for this.

DA Limited edition (black) for 31/1.8 - $1480, 43/1.9 = $930, and 50/1.4 - $530.

Not enough $$$ to grab all at the moment. It's like getting a decent body seems to be the easy part of the equation now. :bsmilie:
Oh my goodness. This is day-light robbery price....

Oh my goodness. This is day-light robbery price....
I just checked with TKPhoto this afternoon, the DA70 is ~$800!!! Remembered Emjay's recommended retail price was like $699. Suddenly all lenses prices inflate like crazy...

I sure am glad I got my limiteds early.. and at second hand prices.

These current prices are a whole lot more than what I paid!

Last edited:
I sure am glad I got my limiteds early.. and at second hand prices.

These current prices are a whole lot more than what I paid!
Still prefer the good old days when Pentax was a cult brand. Ha.

Just went down to OP to check for 2nd hand k10d.... price for body is pretty decent. If any pentaxian here wants to let go of a k10, please let me know. :)

Main point of this post is... Prices quoted by the lady behind the counter for lenses have all increased. She cites high demand, lack of materials as main reasons for this.

DA Limited edition (black) for 31/1.8 - $1480, 43/1.9 = $930, and 50/1.4 - $530.

Not enough $$$ to grab all at the moment. It's like getting a decent body seems to be the easy part of the equation now. :bsmilie:

Woah... everything went up by about $100+. For the FA31, it doesn't feel so bad since the original price was already high, but it's quite a severe blow to the FA50....

Really time to pay more attention to budget options like nightmare suggested! I would have kept my Tamron 70-300 if it performed better at 300mm.

well:

http://photo.net/pentax-camera-forum/00UXOM

to be fair, now the 50mm f/1.4 is priced more like other brands. but is there really a reason to price it that way?

actually, is the 50mm f/1.4 still being produced by pentax? i tried to look for information on this on the net and i found no conclusive answer.

i am wondering if only FA lens prices are going up. or is it the DAs as well. mainly because only FA lenses have been mentioned so far..

i quote :

If they cost the same as Canikon they no longer have that bang-for-the-buck differentiation that keeps customers loyal and potential customers interested.

Hey Seb, just be a robber, you can get watever lense you want without any concern over price.

Too many lenses is as bad as not having enough lens. I only need the 31mm/f1.8 to rule them all. Oh and a camera body. hahahahaha :p

well:

http://photo.net/pentax-camera-forum/00UXOM

to be fair, now the 50mm f/1.4 is priced more like other brands. but is there really a reason to price it that way?

actually, is the 50mm f/1.4 still being produced by pentax? i tried to look for information on this on the net and i found no conclusive answer.

i am wondering if only FA lens prices are going up. or is it the DAs as well. mainly because only FA lenses have been mentioned so far..

DA limited prices has also increased by about 100 odd dollars or so. It seems like price increase across the board. The lenses should be branded under pentax but assembled in Vietnam. It's time to look for old made in Japan lenses before i :bheart:

DA limited prices has also increased by about 100 odd dollars or so. It seems like price increase across the board. The lenses should be branded under pentax but assembled in Vietnam. It's time to look for old made in Japan lenses before i :bheart:

doesn't matter la. my tamron lens is assembled in china.. also no big deal.. :bsmilie:

you should go look in kopitiam, there was a thread about someone emoing about a 11,000sgd or so chopard (switzerland) watch falling apart faster than a pasar malam $5 watch. :bsmilie:

i think i'm only going to be interested in getting a 40mm f/2.8 limited (and that's only because the 40mm f/2.8 M, is well, M, i'm lazy like that) :bsmilie:

on the bright side, if pentax prices bao zha, which i hope they don't, because it'd be sad to leave a brand i have deep feelings for behind.. i can imagine that the second hand market would be boiling hot and the rewards garnered from gear investment can go towards switching brands. though i really, really, hope not. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
the prices are not making sense... maybe due to yen and USD... pentax dun sell in vol like N/C so the prices will go up even more...

Those old FA lenses that are no longer in production seems to a better buy compare to the current ones...

Maybe Pentax has been producing K-7s and K-xs and forgot to produce lenses... with the popularity of both cameras, suddenly demand >> supply.
Hope they wake up their idea and up the production.
Oh, and a new lens roadmap please :)

50mm prime lens, i prefer Voigtlander Septon 50/2, but you need a DKL-PK adapter.;)
for M42, i like CZJ Pancolar 50/1.8MC and Meyer Optik 50/1.8, and the price is very reasonable...
now i am looking for a Leica R50/2, but M42 mount prime lens, i think this one is great as well.

50mm prime lens, i prefer Voigtlander Septon 50/2, but you need a DKL-PK adapter.;)
for M42, i like CZJ Pancolar 50/1.8MC and Meyer Optik 50/1.8, and the price is very reasonable...
now i am looking for a Leica R50/2, but M42 mount prime lens, i think this one is great as well.

Thanks!!! Now, I've got to get one of those m42 to k adapter. I'll take my time experimenting with all the lenses for now. Starting with Pentax M 50/2... :bsmilie:

Thanks!!! Now, I've got to get one of those m42 to k adapter. I'll take my time experimenting with all the lenses for now. Starting with Pentax M 50/2... :bsmilie:

oooh, you got your body already? :)

Eh... you don't need an adaper for the M 50/2 :)

oooh, you got your body already? :)

Hehehe... i was hoping to keep it a secret but yeah, just got my k10d this morning. :lovegrin:

And now I realized that the kit lens is so much better than my 3rd party one. But... the good thing is I have a 50/2 to play with. Neat little prime lens. LBA is gonna get me :p

hmm..if im not wrong, he's using a k1000.

Charlie, i'm using a spotty, a k1000, and a k10d. That's enough bodies for now. The hunt for a decent lens start now. :D

Wabbit, i wanted an adapter for a couple of screw mounts i have... I have already played with the 50/2. Very nice lens.

Last edited:
congrats bro ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.