Recommendation for 2-in-1 tripod / monopod

ayuready

Apr 7, 2010
Dear Gurus,

Any one familiar with tripod from reputable brands to recommend a good tripod with the ability to become a monopod (2in1). Used to saw it at some IT show but can't recall the brand/model.

Wanted the monopod for lightweight traveling and also some simple video shooting.

used to have a cheap china brand tripod abit sian of the squeaky legs and shaky feeling.

The tripod must be able to handle a k-5 and hopefully is within 300 bucks budget. Any recommendations are welcomed.

Fotopro 2 in 1 tripod from Artworkfoto.

Hi bro,

is the tripod study? made a google on it. look quite nice got different colors and such, meet my requirement also.

Hope the build quality is good as well. any comments on it?

ayuready said:
Hi bro,

is the tripod study? made a google on it. look quite nice got different colors and such, meet my requirement also.

Hope the build quality is good as well. any comments on it?

Build quality is average and heavier if compare to same range Sirui tripod. I have the Photopro, a friend got the Sirui and comparing them side by side the Sirui is a better buy.

Sirui N1204 . Ard $130 for leg only , light weight (1.2kg) and quite tall .

Only problem with monopod converted is that it's not tall enough for me to shoot upward unless bend down (I think most tripod/monopod convertible pod had this issue .)

Can consider

I tried a friend's Manfrotto 561bhdv-1. An excellent tool for video and stills but not cheap. I'm definitely planing on getting it.

[video=vimeo;26869155]http://vimeo.com/26869155[/video]

Last edited:
Can take a look at Benro tripod if you like colour tripod like me.

Only problem with monopod converted is that it's not tall enough for me to shoot upward unless bend down (I think most tripod/monopod convertible pod had this issue .)

its only natural :) generally, tripods reach their full height by fully extending the legs and the center column. so if u just remove one leg and extend it fully, its really not very long.

if height and stability is impt, it makes more sense to get a good full length monopod. i would also make sure that both the tripod ballhead and the monopod tilt-head is using the same QR plate so u don't have to keep switching plates on your camera. that will make it more convenient.

to me, i think its very rare to be bringing the tripod and the monopod out at the same time. hence, my preference would be to invest in a good tripod that can last u a few years, but to get a separate monopod as well.

wow the manfrotto looks really cool and flexible but i think it is a matter of one's skill haha which i do not have.

Will also check out the sirui model recommended as the price is very reasonable!

Thanks a lot bro! be doing my sis-in-law pre-wedding montage so thought he he maybe can invest in some tools as i explore the videography side of using pentax / sony 5n

I used to own the Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 carbon fibre tripod and it is light. but the size made it no fun to bring out. Having sold it off, I got a Sirui TX-2204 Carbon Fibre tripod from OP. I was initially looking at the TX-1204, but for use with the K5, they recommended the 2204 instead. At 800g, it is really light.

Last edited:
I tried a friend's Manfrotto 561bhdv-1. An excellent tool for video and stills but not cheap. I'm definitely planing on getting it.

[video=vimeo;26869155]http://vimeo.com/26869155[/video]

too poisonous

Bought this monopod At 419 @ OP simlim

probably can get it at 380 plus at cathay but no stock so didn't wait. he he

Giottos do have one with monopod. Check it out at shops