Recommend Water Purifier/Filtration Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorro18

Jan 12, 2004
earth
I would like to install one for home use.
Any brands to recommend? Is maintenance of such systems a chore?
Any advice appreciated.

Depends on what's your budget. :dunno:

for simple use, I use osim water filter that fixes itself to the tap.

filter also not very ex and the water quality we had here filter can last about 6 months.

If use in HK (my friend) filter change after 1-2 months.

less than 2K?
Dunno much abt such systems so need 1st hand info from pple who are actual users.
Apart form $, the system has to be fuss-free installation with no additional pipings connection.
2ndly, need to know more about the maintenance ie frequency, cost, effort

the Osim costs less than $150. How effective is the device? Dunno why there such a big gap between the Osim and the specialized brands like Diamond, Biozone etc....

Then I would recommend Diamond Water System.
I installed one for ~$1,300 >1 yr ago. Can even pay by interest-free monthly deduction through DBS Visa.
Installation in inclusive. Comes with some free replacement cartridges as well.

My recommendation is just to take the water from the tap. Our water in Singapore is clean enough. Having a filter and not maintaining it will create more problems with accumulated dirt and bacteria.

Don't waste your money. :)

OperaUser's right.

S'pore's water clean. Dun be taken in by the marketing ploys & claims.

zorro18 said:
the Osim costs less than $150. How effective is the device? Dunno why there such a big gap between the Osim and the specialized brands like Diamond, Biozone etc....

to me those diamond/biozone are overkill in singapore. their strength is not just filter but some other thing they claim that help 'pack' more oxygen into water:dunno:

How effective is the osim? at least it can remove 'metal' that might be found in out pipes. Do we know how 'clean' is our copper/PVC pipe that comes into our home? Especially in older estate.

For me after filter with osim, at least the chemical smell is not as strong.

Have been using a RO system for past 7 years and a curently installed Diamond Water system. Both are OK.
Yes S'pore water is clean but once you have seen the filters you will think twice.
In short it will not give any problem but not sure about it in the long term.

AixisOfJustice said:
OperaUser's right.

S'pore's water clean. Dun be taken in by the marketing ploys & claims.

Actually I don't believe all the those but it is the more popular ones here and also means easier to get maintenance and filters. In short a simple effective filter is good enough but make sure you can get the filters easily.
A "Water science" site for your thoughts.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/

Snowcrash said:
to me those diamond/biozone are overkill in singapore. their strength is not just filter but some other thing they claim that help 'pack' more oxygen into water:dunno:

How effective is the osim? at least it can remove 'metal' that might be found in out pipes. Do we know how 'clean' is our copper/PVC pipe that comes into our home? Especially in older estate.

For me after filter with osim, at least the chemical smell is not as strong.

By the way, Diamond Water has a 1-month free trial scheme when I bought it. They would let you try out their filter system for 1 month obligation-free on a lower-end model with 3 filter cartridges. Might need to check with them if this is still practised if you ar interested.

Dennis said:
Have been using a RO system for past 7 years and a curently installed Diamond Water system. Both are OK.
Yes S'pore water is clean but once you have seen the filters you will think twice.
In short it will not give any problem but not sure about it in the long term.

I dunno much abt the design of the Diamond Water System but what I know is that an RO system is expensive & requires very high energy. I can't recall what's the pore size of a typical RO membrane but reckon it's in the micron range ~ very, very small. An RO membrane will filter almost everything ~ microbes, minerals, etc. present in the water.

I reckon that what you see on the filter are the minerals that you require. What you could be drinking is distilled water ~ zero minerals.

Dennis said:
Actually I don't believe all the those but it is the more popular ones here and also means easier to get maintenance and filters. In short a simple effective filter is good enough but make sure you can get the filters easily.
A "Water science" site for your thoughts.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/

after reading, i'm now confused as ever just like buying a camera....:bigeyes:

zorro18 said:
after reading, i'm now confused as ever just like buying a camera....:bigeyes:

me too... so having the minerals also have the bacterias... dun have the minerals is like drinking distilled water so not good also... so filter too good no good, no filter also no good... filter normal also no good...

same like buying a fast lens / good lens... expensive but fast, but always dun need to use so fast, in the end always down 2 stop... so buy cheaper 1 den think if i need the extra stop how? siao liao

anyone using diamond can provide personal testimonials eg. with specific health improving examples, etc. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.