Recommend Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

antere

Dec 16, 2002
North Eastern end of SG
Visit site
Hi guys.

I'm on a very tight budget but wish to get a light tripod for my SLR+External Flash. I've got a solid but heavy Slik but it's not very practical for me to carry it out to tours.

Is there any cheap(hopefully <$100) yet decent tripod that you'll recommend?

Thanks. :)

antere said:
Hi guys.

I'm on a very tight budget but wish to get a light tripod for my SLR+External Flash. I've got a solid but heavy Slik but it's not very practical for me to carry it out to tours.

Is there any cheap(hopefully <$100) yet decent tripod that you'll recommend?

Thanks. :)

What about a SLIK U6600 or U8000.
It's kinda light, made of hollow aluminum (won't break easily compared to carbon fibre). And both are definitely lower than 100 bucks.

I will advise you to save more and get a more stable tripod. Search and you will get more suggestion.

$200 will be enough for a decent one.

I agree with binbeto.. raise ur budget to 150 and you might get a manfrotto 190 used on this forum..

I had the U8000
I have the Pro500DX.

The former is too light and somewhat unsteady against breeze, while the latter is quite a chore to carry.

Both are ok with u r shooting in town or have ready transport, but if u are on a trek, I think u need something in between.
Getting a 1kg+ tripod shd be ample, I think.

Oooh. Hmm, maybe I'll keep a look out for this model in the buy/sell then. Argh! Really hate to carry a heavy tripod around. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.