Recommend Tripod Stands

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing beats the Manfrotto 190. :thumbsup: :D

Get your tripod only after you get your camera. Nothing beats trying out the tripods for yourself.

Personally I use the 190Pro(~$150 without head) but there are many digicam users who balk at its weight and bulk.

A good compromise would be the Manfrotto Digi 719B.(~$150 with ballhead).

The Slik U8000/9000($<60) or Pro330Dx($130) will also do fine.

For the greatest convenience there is the Slik Sprint Pro for $~85.

Frankly, you should really do a search, all of this has been discussed before both in the Fuji forum, HWZ as well as the Other Equipment section.

Originally posted by Zerstorer
Get your tripod only after you get your camera. Nothing beats trying out the tripods for yourself.

Personally I use the 190Pro(~$150 without head) but there are many digicam users who balk at its weight and bulk.

A good compromise would be the Manfrotto Digi 719B.(~$150 with ballhead).

The Slik U8000/9000($<60) or Pro330Dx($130) will also do fine.

For the greatest convenience there is the Slik Sprint Pro for $~85.

Frankly, you should really do a search, all of this has been discussed before both in the Fuji forum, HWZ as well as the Other Equipment section.
Firstly, I would get my camera, tripod and other stuffs on the same day... (that is of course camera first... then...)

Secondly, the information you've provided is very useful.

Lastly, I don't have the time to look at the posts... So I would really appreciate if you guys could just help me out...

Thank you!

get your camera first. then decide what tripod you might want to have. test out a few tripods with your camera. make sure that you are comfortable with the tripod's height and functions, and of course, the tripod has to be steady enough for your camera. you do not want to have your camera and tripod combination to topple over, do you? :D

Thank you for your gentle reminder... I would just want to have an "idea"... I would not expect it to topple as you guys would recommend a tripod for S602Z? Let say if no addition equipment is added...

can i attach a seperate ball head onto the Slik Sprint Pro GM?
How much would a normal one cost?

Originally posted by FLiNcHY

U can of coz, but it will look and feel weird, due to its size.

Originally posted by FLiNcHY

You could..... e.g.

abb.jpg

original ballhead was just for illustration....

some discussions.....
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21652

If you want, you could contact Larry to buy the Slik Prof ballhead which is in great condition :)

I just want a ballhead that can tilt whichever direction i choose, updownleftright:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

how much is the Slikpro one selling?

from Cathay Photo ~ $130.

Larry's one going for quite a lot less. It's with me now (you could PM me for info). There're some scratches but the "ball" itself is in good condition. Movement is smooth and the ballhead could hold heavy weights without problem! I could even mount the S602Z on it alone (i.e. without the tripod legs) if I didn't tilt much.

wow so ex
i just want an normal inexpensive one which can do all the twisting and turning

any recommendations?

would prefer to buy it new anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.