mi now looking at which tripod 2 get

looking for the most compact 1(when folded) & compact 1 wif reasonable price

so i can bring where ever i go hee.

when unfolded 2 max dun need 2 be so tall

i looking 4 one that can be folded as short as possible

1) How compact is compact?
2) What is reasonable price?
3) How tall is not so tall?
4) Most importantly, what camera and lenses are you looking to put on it??

Well, for me I like the Manfrotto 724B as a good not too expensive travelling tripod.

Well, for me I like the Manfrotto 724B as a good not too expensive travelling tripod.

what the price of the 724B you mentioned?

i have got a cheap RM18 tripod which i got in the PC fair last month...but its pretty crappy...

recently i'm looking at the Manfrotto 190DB and 190PRO....the offer i got is around SGD300. Now i only have to consider between the DB and PRO where the difference is in respect on how low towards the ground i want the tripod to go....

anyone have any comments regarding the 190 & 724 models?

also....the head piece to be attached...:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

i have got a cheap RM18 tripod which i got in the PC fair last month...but its pretty crappy...

recently i'm looking at the Manfrotto 190DB and 190PRO....the offer i got is around SGD300. Now i only have to consider between the DB and PRO where the difference is in respect on how low towards the ground i want the tripod to go....

go for the pro... iirc pro got a little more features.

anyway for compact tripod @ low cost, i highly recommand slik sprint pro. cost is around $80+, able to take up a d70 kit with little or no trouble.

I'm not sure of the price of the 724B in Singapore, but it should be $100++, not more than $200. The prob with the 724B is that it's only rated for 3.5kg. The ballhead is able to support the D70 with kit lens or a 70-300 lens pretty well, but when you put heavier lenses such as the 70-200, you can see that it's really not very stable. But it's really light at 1.5kg and it extends to a pretty comfortable height.

For the 190, it's a good and sturdy tripod for most common lenses like the 70-200 or thereabouts, but it's really heavy compared to the 724B.

1) folded 40cm +/- ? hee
2)$100 +/- ? hopefully less :p
3) mi anything
4)350d average flash n xx-200mm lens ?

go for the pro... iirc pro got a little more features.

anyway for compact tripod @ low cost, i highly recommand slik sprint pro. cost is around $80+, able to take up a d70 kit with little or no trouble.

okay will keep this in mind, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.