Recommend slim camera for lady

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_oasis

Aug 31, 2002
Lady needs a camera.

Gotta be slim and complact.

Currently considering the Sony model. Any others to recommend?

:)

casio...

The new Casio 500 is so slim that I fall in love with it. Perfect for a lady.

Picture quality wise ok? price range about $500+

FX9 would be good for its IS. if not, ladies always go gaga over IXUS :bsmilie:

casio is good and pack of features...but one thing to note is that u need to put it on a docking system to charge...in other words, if i am not wrong, when u go traveling, u ran out of battery for example, and u wish to go back hotel to charge...u have to leave your cam in the hotel during charge..
Other brands - you can put the battery to charge, and bring a spare battery out while leaving the flat battery to carry on charging in the hotel

secondly, if u use a sony,........u have to stuck with it since it uses a memory stick...lets say u wana change a non-sony camera in future, u need to buy a new type of memory storage. Get something that uses a SD card or CF card will be much better for future upgrade....nowadays the trend of cameras tend to go towards SD card...

above are some of the things which i will think about when getting which brand of camera..

i think generally, Canon, Nikon and Panasonic should be fine and good enough for ladies..;)

hi i'm new to all these digital cam thingy, but i've been pretty interested in photography 'cept that i'm lousy at it..
i've been looking for a new cam since my old one's batts drain quickly, i found that Casio Ex-Z110 and Z120 (both slim and similar to Z750 in appearance) do not use the cradle, only Z750 uses it. The 110 and 120 both use AA batts..
just my 2 cent..
and yea, i agree on the sony using their memo sticks, that's why i havent even been looking at any sony cams

casio exislim :thumbsup: ;)

sony momory stick sux...its too proprietry;p

user111 said:
casio exislim :thumbsup: ;)

sony momory stick sux...its too proprietry;p
u using casio? can share more abt it? i thinking of getting one.. (casio ex-z110)..

canon ixus is good. its small, handy (good for ladies) and produce nice colour. the downside is that the controls are limited and night shots are not good. i bring my ixus wherever i go.

casio exslim is also a good alternative. functions and pictures look impressive. not too sure about the charging system though...

i personally don't prefer sony, its also due to the memory stick used. i have a canon ixus II and a panasonic fz20. both use sd cards and so i don't have to get another set of memory media.

ok i am not a lady but i own an fx9 and its v v slim and compact ..... peek quality is good and it packs a punch wif the OIS...

Yah, panasonic is good

I'm thinking of getting another digicam too. So I have been doing my own research.

Panasonic lumix is good, but its size is rather big.
The colours are very rich, and has the anti-shake function.

The new Sony Cybershot T-series is good. If you wanna get this series, get the T5 rather than T7.
Cos the coating of the lens cover (or whatever you call it) can peel off one.

Casio Z500 is better than S500 in terms of the richness of the colours. But its is not as slim as the latter.

Konica Minolta Dimage X1 seems good too, 8 megapixels, with anti-shake function.

What I notice is if you want the super ultra slim one, its more expensive than the normal slim one. For a budget of $500, its kinda difficult to get an ultra slim size. But you can go recce around. Probably you can find one. :)

For the above budget of $500 i tink i will recommend the casio Z500. Slighter thicker den the S500 counter part. Budden pricing wise close to $100 diff. I Bought 2 casio camera tis year. Budden i would tink the Z500 is worth the bucks. Can get for bout $520 for tat camera w 256 n case. Aniway Casio screen is Big and "scratch resistance" Dunno hw true budden better nt try. They also got tis anti-shake thing as well. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.