Recommend: PnS camera with High ISO, manual capability, anti shock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duallies

May 16, 2006
Hi all..

Im in need for PnS camera with the kind of requirements..

Clear at high ISO ( night shots), can use manual feature;aperture priority;shutter priority too, also with those anti shock kind of technology ?

Now with pc show coming up, i guess its a good time to buy,. Current budget is $700.

Any help is appreciated! :) :)

Night shots in what sense? If you mean shots in low light, then the Fuji f31d. If you mean clean images at long exposure, you should only use ISO100 anyway, and in that case most of the sony, nikon and canon cams can do the job.

What makes you think it's a good time to buy? The most you'll get is more (usually useless) freebies

Night shots in what sense? If you mean shots in low light, then the Fuji f31d. If you mean clean images at long exposure, you should only use ISO100 anyway, and in that case most of the sony, nikon and canon cams can do the job.

What makes you think it's a good time to buy? The most you'll get is more (usually useless) freebies

Yah, low lighting. Not long exposure..

Useless? can try for more capacity cards ma.

Yah, low lighting. Not long exposure..

Useless? can try for more capacity cards ma.

Well yeah, but they'll give you 1GB or el-cheapo 2GB. Stuff they can't sell normally. :p

Well yeah, but they'll give you 1GB or el-cheapo 2GB. Stuff they can't sell normally. :p

So from the looks of it, only F31D is the closest match ? I've seen the picture of it in Fuji forum.. got to agree on its low lighting capability.. nice.

However, is there any other camera i should consider? more expensive ones?

So from the looks of it, only F31D is the closest match ? I've seen the picture of it in Fuji forum.. got to agree on its low lighting capability.. nice.

However, is there any other camera i should consider? more expensive ones?

your criterias actually ruled out every cams. :sweat:

FD31 got no "anti shock" or if I interpret correctly, no stabiliser.

your criterias actually ruled out every cams. :sweat:

FD31 got no "anti shock" or if I interpret correctly, no stabiliser.

Yea, stabilsers, vibration reduction, kind of technology..

Really ah, rule out all cams..:bigeyes:

I guess stabilisers are the least important out of the 3 right ?:dunno:

I fully agreed as I am using F11. It really gives me clear & gd image even without use of flash. It worth buy

F31 has good high ISO, but manual functionality is limited.
if u care for something a little bigger, canon G7 also fits the bill.

F31 has good high ISO, but manual functionality is limited.
if u care for something a little bigger, canon G7 also fits the bill.

Except that the high ISO stinks, as it has with all G-series cams.

I didn't know there's non-useful el-cheapo storage. Most of the stuff I bought is the el-cheapo type :cry:

With your budget of $700, i would recommend S6500 - 11x mechanical zoom, good high ISO image quality, better manual control and feels closer to DSLR .... on condition that you dun mind the bulkiness.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=270078

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms6000fd/

I second this.

if you want small compact camera only F31fd or F40fd matches your requirement.

If you dont mind a bigger SLR like camera, go for S6500fd which have full Manual control + 28mm wide angle.

but Both camera mentioned above lack of IS or VR.

Hi all.. thanks..
Actually, i already have DSLR, but now need a compact camera..
So, ATM, im looking at fuji F31fD and Powershot G7...
I heard F40d not as good as the f31d leh..

its anti shake, optical stabilization, vibration reduction etc.... anti shock need to buy a camera with suspension liao...

its anti shake, optical stabilization, vibration reduction etc.... anti shock need to buy a camera with suspension liao...

dont liddat leh :bsmilie:

anyways, i've just bought F31fd ! Now charging it to be used tmr for testing!:cool:

Try olympus mju 770, abt 615 from CP and it's 10m waterproof, shockproof also.

Status
Not open for further replies.