Recommend places to visit at Kyoto and Osaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Or any tips for first time traveller to Japan. Thanks in advance.

Osaka - Osaka Castle, Shinsaibashi, Shitennoji, Osaka Tower, Umeda, USJ, American Village

Kyoto - Karasumachi, Kinkakuji, Kiyomizu Temple, Nanzen Temple, Gion area, Eastern Mountain area. Inari Fukusimi Temple. Heian Jingu

Since you are there, you might as well spend a day and visit Kobe as well. All 3 cities are so close to each other.

Osaka - Osaka Castle, Shinsaibashi, Shitennoji, Osaka Tower, Umeda, USJ, American Village

Kyoto - Karasumachi, Kinkakuji, Kiyomizu Temple, Nanzen Temple, Gion area, Eastern Mountain area. Inari Fukusimi Temple. Heian Jingu

Since you are there, you might as well spend a day and visit Kobe as well. All 3 cities are so close to each other.

Yes, considering going to Nara and Kobe as well. :) Thanks!

Nara - Todaiji and the surrounding areas. Some of the other temples are so far off that you better make your choice carefully.

Kobe - Sannomiya, Harbourfront area, Kobe Tower, if got time, Rokko Mt to see the niteview.

For osaka, which one is more worth to go - Aquarium or Universal Studio?

dun forget nara deer park! hundreds of deer walking abt freely..

dun forget nara deer park! hundreds of deer walking abt freely..
Osaka, TMC already covered most, include Nara.

Kiyomizu's a must for Kyoto, and the tea garden.

depending on you. if you like long queues then USJ.

Long queue? Then definitely out for me. I am put off by even the long queue at IT fair. ;p

Any recommendations on where to stay at osaka n kyoto? Preferably cheap and comfortable.. hehe...

Oops.. Planning to stay there for only 4-5 days....
Osaka, try SunLife hotel, it's very cosy, very comfortable. Ask TMC, he's seen the room too.

As for Kyoto, I stayed with Chisun Hotel. Cosy spacious and nice.

Osaka, try SunLife hotel, it's very cosy, very comfortable. Ask TMC, he's seen the room too.

As for Kyoto, I stayed with Chisun Hotel. Cosy spacious and nice.
that room? not the best location but at least the room is nice.

that room? not the best location but at least the room is nice.
We go for cheap one ma... anyway bet you enjoyed the free TV services too... :bsmilie:

Any recommendations on where to stay at osaka n kyoto? Preferably cheap and comfortable.. hehe...

for kyoto, if you don't mind having shared bathrooms, Sanki Inn is actually very comfortable (6 tatami room, very spacious) and extremely cheap http://www.kyoto-ap.ne.jp/sanki/index-e.html this family turned their 2 storey home into an inn, the host is very friendly. it's located in an old residential section, very unique and cosy environment, may not be that easy to find for first timers though.

Thanks for all the recommendations so far. Will go check them out. Keep them coming.

Anymore inputs? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.