Recommend places to sell old stamps

Status
Not open for further replies.
...what kind of stamps?

you know, most of them have limited value.. :( even first day covers, etc.

unless you happen to have something that an eccentric collector (and there aren't too many of them these days, people more interested in cars and houses) that has money is looking for, don't get your hopes up too high.

Old stamps of the 70s-80s...
Yahh... not expecting to make a fortune of them la...
But rather than having them collect dust... and I dun wanna collect them (I used to collect some but stopped and while unpacking my stuff, I came across them), might as well sell them away. Make some kopi money also good la.

Any idea if the philatelic museum buys stamps from pple??

if you want to sell it quick, find a shop in funan center or china town, dispose all the collection to them, don't expect to have much value, but will save you lot of time and trouble.

Or you can post your collection on Yahoo auction or Ebay, slowly selling item by item, this you will get better value, but will take a few months to years to sell off.

no, unfortunately. kreta ayer stamp club. i think on sundays, they conduct buy or sell bazaar like fair. pls check as this info may be dated.

But rather than having them collect dust... and I dun wanna collect them (I used to collect some but stopped and while unpacking my stuff, I came across them), might as well sell them away. Make some kopi money also good la.

not too sure, why don't you try emailing them? i notice most of our local collections of old stuff tend to be wholly donated. actually not just local. here in london is also the case.

alternatively, you can do what catchlights said.

if you take the ebay route, you can put up your stamps for tfcd too :devil: ok i'm just being frivolous here

if you want to sell it quick, find a shop in funan center or china town, dispose all the collection to them, don't expect to have much value, but will save you lot of time and trouble.

Ah? Funan centre? I don't know of any stamps places there. Which shop can I sell stamps to there? In funan or chinatown...

Status
Not open for further replies.