Recommend place to shoot NDP fireworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kira
Read somewhere that you would need to use a smaller then usual aperture setting and longer shuttle speed. Reason being you're shooting "fire" works and fire are hot and gives out light....

Seems like in your case your aperture setting is too small. And that your shuttle speed isn't long enought for the full spreading effect...

Hope this information helps....

bingo.. usually I would use f16 and above.. the long shutter speed will result in very nice trails and hence "capturing fiery flowers" :D

Wow. F16 and above... my A70 can only do an F8. But I did manage to capture some fireworks when I was in Sydney last month, don't know how it measures up though. Maybe I should post it here for some comments.

Originally posted by kh_drew
Ooops :embrass: I meant 26th

Yes, I believe is on the 26th july as I read it in the papers when they report on the collection of the tickets.

Originally posted by Kira
Read somewhere that you would need to use a smaller then usual aperture setting and longer shuttle speed. Reason being you're shooting "fire" works and fire are hot and gives out light....

Seems like in your case your aperture setting is too small. And that your shuttle speed isn't long enought for the full spreading effect...

Hope this information helps....
Jed has done a tutorial on how to shoot fireworks I believe which is quite informative (u can find it on the front page of CS under "Articles")

Actually have many, many locations to choose to shoot from. Popular choices include Tanjong Rhu, Cosy Bay, the jetty near Merdeka Bridge, Kallang River banks etc. If u have a wide angle lens, maybe can try shooting from the steps of the SIS (Singapore Indoor Stadium) for an interesting perspective. (closer to the action also) I might wanna try that place this year.

;)

:gbounce:
Great! Will have my virgin fireworks shoot this year!
Read about the advice of using the greatest DOF, bulb setting and using a black colored card to cover the lens when there is a brief pause of the fireworks. Anymore technical advice or personal experience to share?

Originally posted by SniperD
sorry .. this year's fireworks only 1 minutes @ about 2005hrs (Finale)

Today's a big let down :complain:

You in NDP fireworks? :) Hee..

Anyway, the NE Show will only have a small portion of high level fireworks, the preview about half of the actual day, and the actual day 100% lah! All combined rehearsals have no high level fireworks...

For your info!

Btw, I also want to go snap the fireworks...hee

Originally posted by blizzy
NDP coming around soon... never shot the fireworks before. Any recommendations on where to shoot?

Try Kallang river or Marina South :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.