Recommend photo shops for US Immigrant Visa Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

porridge71

Hi there!
Need assistance here. Anyone know where one can go to take photo for US Immigrant Visa? Recommendation from the community would be helpful, as I have no idea where to start with.

The requirements for the photo: They must be glossy, un-retouched and not mounted. The dimension of the facial image should be about one inch from your chin to the top of your hair in 3/4 frontal view, showing the right side of your face with your right ear visible.

Thanks heaps.

If you are Singapore passport holder, you do not need a VISA to go USA, unless they change the rules recently.

porridge71 said:
Hi there!
Need assistance here. Anyone know where one can go to take photo for US Immigrant Visa? Recommendation from the community would be helpful, as I have no idea where to start with.

The requirements for the photo: They must be glossy, un-retouched and not mounted. The dimension of the facial image should be about one inch from your chin to the top of your hair in 3/4 frontal view, showing the right side of your face with your right ear visible.

Thanks heaps.
Took my photo at Orchard Emerald. The photo size is quite a bit bigger than your normal passport photo.

Darren ... would appreciate if you could provide me the photo shop name & tel no? Gotta check with the shop if they do photo for US Immigrant Visa? Thks

Astin ... the photo is for Immigrant Visa not the usual non-immigrant tourist visa. ;)

Astin said:
If you are Singapore passport holder, you do not need a VISA to go USA, unless they change the rules recently.
I think after 9/11, the Visa Waiver Programme only applies to machine-readable passports, and if you do not currently hold a machine-readable passport, you still need to apply for a visa.

Here are a list of known studios that provide US visa photos (got this from travel agent) :-

K-100 Color Photo Service Centre
5 Coleman Street
#B1-29 (Excelsior Hotel)

Broadway Studios
109 North Bridge Road
#03-16 Funan Centre

Colour Junction Kodak Express
163 Tanglin Road
#B1-05 Tanglin Mall

Raffles Photographers
16A Duxton Road; or
Block 4, Queen's Road
#02-121

35mm Color Lab
733 Bukit Timah Road #01-06
2nd Avenue Junction

Team 2 Photo Studio
211 Holland Road
Holland Road Shopping Centre #03-36

Also, the Orchard Emerald studio which I went to, but I do not have the studio name/address.

Thanks a lot Darren! You've been very helpful. I called up the first 3 shops, the second one is found to be least helpful. After listening to them, I will use the one at Tanglin Mall. At least she knows what she is talking about & sounds confident.

porridge71 said:
Hi there!

Thanks heaps.

I just apply my US visa. the req is 2inch by 2inch. This can only be done using a 35mm film camera. You need to know how big your head should be in a 3R photo and cut the 2x2 inch from a 3R photo.

2x2 inch cannot be done using the nornal poloarid camera which gives you instant photos within 3mins

The cheapest place to go is Tanjong Baga (sorry forgot the spelling) Opposite Amara hotel.

4 piece for $10 and waiting time is 40mins to 1hr.

porridge71 said:
Thanks a lot Darren! You've been very helpful. I called up the first 3 shops, the second one is found to be least helpful. After listening to them, I will use the one at Tanglin Mall. At least she knows what she is talking about & sounds confident.

If you are still looking, the photo shop @ Chinatown Point, Knights Photo also provides the service of taking pictures for US visa. Look for a chap named Titan. Very friendly & helpful. :)

Knight's Photo
Shop : 133 New Bridge Road, #01-33 Chinatown Point, Singapore 059413

Refer to this thread for their testimonial. ;)

Cheers. :)

Take your own and print your own?
Get to shoot until you're satisfied you look decent ;p
My passport & driving license photo is printed using my Canon S820 :angel:

..NuTs..

morganoh said:
I just apply my US visa. the req is 2inch by 2inch. This can only be done using a 35mm film camera. You need to know how big your head should be in a 3R photo and cut the 2x2 inch from a 3R photo.

2x2 inch cannot be done using the nornal poloarid camera which gives you instant photos within 3mins

The cheapest place to go is Tanjong Baga (sorry forgot the spelling) Opposite Amara hotel.

4 piece for $10 and waiting time is 40mins to 1hr.
The place I went to was fully digital - took with a Kodak camera, took the CF card, loaded into PC and had some fancy software to resize to a proper template.

Guys
Thanks so much for your recommendations & feedback. Tmr PM I will be at Tanglin Mall to try out that photo shop. Will let ya all know the outcome. :)

porridge71 said:
Guys
Thanks so much for your recommendations & feedback. Tmr PM I will be at Tanglin Mall to try out that photo shop. Will let ya all know the outcome. :)

Try calling Gloria Studio 65384883.
Boat Quay, next to Coffee Bean.
The photog has a few Hassie/Mamiya/Contax.
If you can rub shoulders with him, he can
give you tons of photography tips, some of which
may surprise you.

Okie I've got my pic taken. Pretty good service. All ready within 15 mins. No hassle. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.