Recommend P&S Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucksoon

Dec 15, 2003
Hi guys,

I'm a complete newbie in digital photography. Recently got fasincated by wonders of photography by all the nice digicams available in the market. Hand itchy want to get myself one to play around :p I'm not intending to learn a lot of skills and techniques and become a pro due to my busy work schedule, but I would love to pick up photography bit by bit, hope to get some support from u guys :)

Since it is my first digicam, I would like to impress my family members with a easy to use P&S cam, yet I'm also aware of the capabilities of manual operations. Budget would be between $500 to $800.

Based on my brief research, Canon A70/80, Nikon 3100/3700 and Casio QV-R40 seemed to be some of the suitable candidates.Therefore I would like to seek some advice from u ppl. Many thanks! :D

SuRfTeC said:
Canon A70/A80 is a very good DC to start with..!! :thumbsup:

cheers!

Thanks for the tip! Anymore advice from the rest? :)

Hi Tuckson,

In my own opinion, for the THREE brands mentioned, I'll either go for the Canon or Nikon, as they're the strong players in the camera industry for a very long time.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

rotorthrust said:
Hi Tuckson,

In my own opinion, for the THREE brands mentioned, I'll either go for the Canon or Nikon, as they're the strong players in the camera industry for a very long time.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice :)

revenant said:
Ever since from Canon A40, their A series cam has not disappoint us.

Roger that. Thanks!

Between A70 and A80 which would u guys recommend to start off with?

no money A70..or even A60
got money A80
beri similar cameras except the the megapixels

Tucksoon said:
Roger that. Thanks!

Between A70 and A80 which would u guys recommend to start off with?

SuRfTeC said:
Canon A70/A80 is a very good DC to start with..!! :thumbsup:

cheers!

i second that....
im a nikon user though but do not really like the consumer digicams...

Thanks for the advice guys ;)
While considering A70/A80, iXUS also came into my attention. What are the trade offs of getting a sleeker iXUS besides less manual operations?

Hi! I'm a newbie n i need to get a reasonably gd digital cam...i hav a 3.1 megapixel BENQ at home which costs $130 n doesn't work well. I'm thinking of getting a Canon a70 or a80...anyone knows where is the cheapest place to get it?

tkdwhiz1188 said:
Hi! I'm a newbie n i need to get a reasonably gd digital cam...i hav a 3.1 megapixel BENQ at home which costs $130 n doesn't work well. I'm thinking of getting a Canon a70 or a80...anyone knows where is the cheapest place to get it?

AP, CP, MS Color.

Hiz, any idea how much a Card Photo Printer CP-300/200 costs?

Hi! I just got a quotation from MS Colour.

Canon a70 ---$490
Canon a80 ---$630

Though i am a Nikon user
for P&S i will fancy the CANON A-series (A70 or A80) or iXUS series
currently still using my V3 :heart:
just recommend 2 friends to buy the A70 and they love it (its so easy to use and can add accessories somemore, which iXUS series can't unless u get adpater from overseas)

Status
Not open for further replies.