Recommend other forums

Apart from Clubsnap, DPreview, can recommend good photography related forums which you normally frequent? I am interested to read up on other popular forums to further my photography skills.

Sorry, mentioning other forums is not allowed here. A lot of the URLs even get spam-filtered and you can get infractions and messages of "if you don't like it here, then go to the other forum" if you mention other forums here.

What's wrong with this forum?*inserts teary kitty eyes pic*

Sgdevilzz said:
What's wrong with this forum?*inserts teary kitty eyes pic*

puss-in-boots.gif

Done :)

Easiest way is just to search for "Brand-X forums" ....
Go to the forums brought up by the search, don't like them, move on to the next one...

Sorry, mentioning other forums is not allowed here. A lot of the URLs even get spam-filtered and you can get infractions and messages of "if you don't like it here, then go to the other forum" if you mention other forums here.

actually... if you read the T&Cs correctly, it reads

"8. Advertising & Linking to other sites - We do not allow commercial website linking or advertising and if you wish to advertise on the site, please contact us. This rules also covers webmasters/administrators/moderators/members of other websites seeking to promote themselves on this forum without benefit to this forum - Do not use the ClubSNAP forums to promote other forums or web sites in which you have a stake. We will remove messages that serve mostly or exclusively to drive forum members to external forums or web sites." (http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/faqs-feedback/63954-clubsnaps-updated-terms-use.html)

we do not mind the mentioning of other forums provided it is not a means to advertise/direct traffic to your site at the expense of Clubsnap. hence, no mod/admin is going to clamp down on you if you mentioned dpreview.com. but, if you (example) are the Admins of dpreview and want to freeload CS to attract people away from CS, then there will be problems.

so, before we are accused of being nazis, please understand the rules. we clamped down the mentioning of certain forums, not because we hate them. rather, members of those forums dissed CS publicly on their forums, while using CS to drive traffic there. of course, the Admins will clamp down on these forums. there are also a few commercial forums who use CS to drive business there. also, these will be clamped down.

actually... if you read the T&Cs correctly, it reads

"8. Advertising & Linking to other sites - We do not allow commercial website linking or advertising and if you wish to advertise on the site, please contact us. This rules also covers webmasters/administrators/moderators/members of other websites seeking to promote themselves on this forum without benefit to this forum - Do not use the ClubSNAP forums to promote other forums or web sites in which you have a stake. We will remove messages that serve mostly or exclusively to drive forum members to external forums or web sites." (http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/faqs-feedback/63954-clubsnaps-updated-terms-use.html)

we do not mind the mentioning of other forums provided it is not a means to advertise/direct traffic to your site at the expense of Clubsnap. hence, no mod/admin is going to clamp down on you if you mentioned dpreview.com. but, if you (example) are the Admins of dpreview and want to freeload CS to attract people away from CS, then there will be problems.

so, before we are accused of being nazis, please understand the rules. we clamped down the mentioning of certain forums, not because we hate them. rather, members of those forums dissed CS publicly on their forums, while using CS to drive traffic there. of course, the Admins will clamp down on these forums. there are also a few commercial forums who use CS to drive business there. also, these will be clamped down.

Well, the T&C say nothing about "forums where members have had a bad opinion of CS".

As for me, I've received infractions and suspensions for mentioning an alternative forum specifically for the local Sony users, even though I have zero stakes in that forum, no business interest with that forum, no advertising profit, etc, and only mentioned it when asked if there were any specific forums here for Sony users.

If the only reason to ban a forum is because some select few members one time many years ago said something bad about CS - wouldn't this be where the "forum nazi" / overkill concept comes in? Why ban the whole forum because of a few numbskulls and issue infractions to people who dare to mention the forum? Just ban those users who said something bad about CS from CS lor.

Last edited:
Well, the T&C say nothing about "forums where members have had a bad opinion of CS".

As for me, I've received infractions and suspensions for mentioning an alternative forum specifically for the local Sony users, even though I have zero stakes in that forum, no business interest with that forum, no advertising profit, etc, and only mentioned it when asked if there were any specific forums here for Sony users.

If the only reason to ban a forum is because some select few members one time many years ago said something bad about CS - wouldn't this be where the "forum nazi" / overkill concept comes in? Why ban the whole forum because of a few numbskulls and issue infractions to people who dare to mention the forum? Just ban those users who said something bad about CS from CS lor.

quite true. wasn't your previous suspension mainly due to just mentioning that other forum? from what i know, you aren't the forum owner or mod over there.

quite true. wasn't your previous suspension mainly due to just mentioning that other forum? from what i know, you aren't the forum owner or mod over there.

Yup. And stating facts in a D800 thread.

Apart from Clubsnap, DPreview, can recommend good photography related forums which you normally frequent? I am interested to read up on other popular forums to further my photography skills.

You can use online search engines to source for info. In fact I've found loads of useful info using search. No one can stop you doing that.

crazypaladin said:
So what forums are alternative sources of information other than CS?

For local forums, CS is still the best. The others are kinda like ghost town, everything is there but no one's home lol.

I quite like Flickr discussion groups actually.

spree86 said:
For local forums, CS is still the best. The others are kinda like ghost town, everything is there but no one's home lol.

I quite like Flickr discussion groups actually.

CS CS CS CS :D

Beside buy and sell camera equipment, start posting your photo in the forum will be a good start to improve and learn more on photographic skill. :)

Here is one forum you might want to consider to visit and stay. ;)

Rashkae said:

I heard about some bad blood in the past about Sony forum and CS.

Well, it's hard to say who is right and wrong. At end of the day, if we wan to hang ard in a place, we got to respect the house rules. The door is open for anyone to leave or stay.

Now I'm not supporting any forum, though I'm a Sony user. The house rules ought to be respected