Can anyone recommend me a camera which has all these features:

- Mirrorless with sensor at least micro 4/3 or larger
- Weather resistant
- Under 450g incl. batteries
- Video 1080i/60fps
- With built-in Wifi
- With viewfinder
- Preferably retro styling with manual control dials
- Very preferably doesn't break the bank - Under $1500.

I don't even know if such a camera exists.
Those I've looked at are often lacking in something.

Actually I really like the Olympus OMD EM10 but unfortunately it is not weather sealed.
After my cameras have been damaged by rain FOUR times when travelling, I decided that I'd better go for a weather sealed camera.
If lens is not weather sealed its ok as kit lens is quite cheap to buy a new one if it gets damaged.

Can anyone recommend me a camera which has all these features: - Mirrorless with sensor at least micro 4/3 or larger - Weather resistant - Under 450g incl. batteries - Video 1080i/60fps - With built-in Wifi - With viewfinder - Preferably retro styling with manual control dials - Very preferably doesn't break the bank - Under $1500. I don't even know if such a camera exists. Those I've looked at are often lacking in something.

Prob not realistic if u r also looking at interchangeable lens models due to the under 450g and under $1500 criteria.

You mentioned 4 times damaged by rain so I m gonna take that to be a key priority in choice.

Nearest choice is EM5 , 2nd hand with the 12-50 lens. Viewfinder min MFT size , not that much heavier than 450g, manual control dial, retro style all check. This setup should be around $8xx tops if u buy second hand.

Due to your budget, get a wifi card instead for the wifi option.

Both weather sealed , so user will prob get a cold first before camera gets damaged.

Weather sealed cameras aren't common, and the other higher league models generally go beyond your 450g and 1500 budget.

Last edited:

- Weather resistant
- Video 1080i/60fps
- With built-in Wifi
- With viewfinder

Yes. There is no such a thing. You want weather resistance and only at 450g with battery included? This is a classic, want cheap, want everything in... if any company who make that and sell it at under 1500, all other companies will go bust... including the company that make that camera.

Actually I really like the Olympus OMD EM10 but unfortunately it is not weather sealed.
After my cameras have been damaged by rain FOUR times when travelling, I decided that I'd better go for a weather sealed camera.
If lens is not weather sealed its ok as kit lens is quite cheap to buy a new one if it gets damaged.

If lens are not weather seal, don't you think that water can go through from there and into your camera? And your camera is weather from from the outside and not weather proof from the inside too. It is interchangeable lens... remember?

Prob not realistic if u r also looking at interchangeable lens models due to the under 450g and under $1500 criteria.

You mentioned 4 times damaged by rain so I m gonna take that to be a key priority in choice.

Nearest choice is EM5 , 2nd hand with the 12-50 lens. Viewfinder min MFT size , not that much heavier than 450g, manual control dial, retro style all check. This setup should be around $8xx tops if u buy second hand.

Due to your budget, get a wifi card instead for the wifi option.

Both weather sealed , so user will prob get a cold first before camera gets damaged.

Weather sealed cameras aren't common, and the other higher league models generally go beyond your 450g and 1500 budget.

Yes, I looked at EM5.
I did consider this.
Unfortunately, it has no built-in wifi.
The Wifi is not an issue of budget.
It is a small thing and all new cameras, even lower end compact cameras have it.
EM5 does not have it simply because it is a 2012 model.
Unfortunately, when they made EM10, they decided not to go for weather sealing.

- Weather resistant
- Video 1080i/60fps
- With built-in Wifi
- With viewfinder

Sure.

Fuji xt1. 5 years later.

Yes. There is no such a thing. You want weather resistance and only at 450g with battery included? This is a classic, want cheap, want everything in... if any company who make that and sell it at under 1500, all other companies will go bust... including the company that make that camera.

You must be very rich that $1500 is cheap to you.
And I did not want everything.
Most of the things I listed are common to mirrorless cameras, including the price and weight.
The only thing is that weather sealed cameras are not common.
And for the budget, I did not say that I have to get it new.
As another poster suggested a camera that is well within budget second hand.
If you do not have anything of value to add to this thread, you need not say anything and more so, you need not insult me for simply asking for suggestions.

You must be very rich that $1500 is cheap to you.
And I did not want everything.
Most of the things I listed are common to mirrorless cameras, including the price and weight.
The only thing is that weather sealed cameras are not common.
And for the budget, I did not say that I have to get it new.
As another poster suggested a camera that is well within budget second hand.
If you do not have anything of value to add to this thread, you need not say anything and more so, you need not insult me for simply asking for suggestions.

U can probably increase yr budget to around 2k to get a second hand Sony A7 with the kit lens. Think this is the most realistic option I can think of. Both body n lens r weather sealed. Wifi is there in camera. Full frame sensor. Bright n big EVF. U still can add on other Sony FE lenses which are all weather sealed slowly in the future. Quite a future proof system, unless you wanna upgrade to medium format...

Just to point out, weather sealed does not means water sealed.
This is because a camera with weather sealed can still be damaged by water.

Since you mention that you had 4 camera being damaged by rain, you need to know how it damaged.
I had a friend who accidentally put his camera into a wet bag with ice.
And the camera is damaged as the ice melt and soak his camera.

- Weather resistant
- Video 1080i/60fps
- With built-in Wifi
- With viewfinder

The X-T1 is probably the closest to your needs minus the weight and cost. Its lesser than 450g without lens though. Its really a fine camera if you can stretch your budget or wait a bit longer for used units to surface.

Yes, I looked at EM5.
I did consider this.
Unfortunately, it has no built-in wifi.
The Wifi is not an issue of budget.
It is a small thing and all new cameras, even lower end compact cameras have it.
EM5 does not have it simply because it is a 2012 model.
Unfortunately, when they made EM10, they decided not to go for weather sealing.

Can't you just pair this with a Wifi card?

Rhino123, if got pls let me know :) for a while I was really thinking hard whether such a camera exists so I could recommend TS.

If such a camera exists , Let's go buy together!

Last edited:
Yes, I looked at EM5. I did consider this. Unfortunately, it has no built-in wifi. The Wifi is not an issue of budget. It is a small thing and all new cameras, even lower end compact cameras have it. EM5 does not have it simply because it is a 2012 model. Unfortunately, when they made EM10, they decided not to go for weather sealing.

Hi, The guys here are frank in a good natured way, don't worry :)

Hmm, honestly maybe u should sit down and start weighing which spec is more important and so on. The EM5(elite) is a 2014 model and it also doesn't have wifi.

To have 4 cameras damaged by water I'm really taken aback as I've shot in rain before with non weather resistant cameras (EP5 for example) and they are still as good as new. Learn how to maintain and clean your equipment so they run the extra mile.

Thinking back and forth , ya, I'll still recommend the EM5 with a wifi card. This way only one thing in your list isn't met : weight. And frankly anyone who feels the EM5 is heavy probably should start considering shooting a handphone instead.

Lastly , do a favor for yourself - it's good to have a budget so look around for the prices of lenses in the brand u are considering and ensure it's within your affordable range. Buying a $1800 body isn't going to be any useful if all the native lenses are above $1000, likewise getting an EM5 at 6xx second hand opens the doors to solid primes at below $500 (17:1.8 , 25/1.8 , 45/1.8 and kit zooms below $200 even - 14-45 & 14-42)

Is wifi so important ?

Last edited:
The important thing to note here is there is nothing on the market that meets TS's requirements totally. In the end TS need to prioritize and have some give and take.

EM1 EM5, Nikon AW 1, XT are all weather sealed, with weather sealing of the Nikon to be the best. But TS, you need to give and take somewhat. What requirements to give and take is really up to you. You can even get an EM10 and wrap it in plastic bags.

Rhino123, if got pls let me know :) for a while I was really thinking hard whether such a camera exists so I could recommend TS.

If such a camera exists , Let's go buy together!

Oh... I wish it exist. But will not talk too much about it (otherwise, TS say I insulted him again and had nothing of value added). And if you can find one, yeah, tell me too, I am sure like hell very interested... lightweight, weather sealing, built in Wifi, great movie, basically everything in... oh... oh... and viewfinder some more. The closest I find is GH3/ GH4... but they weighed at least 100g more... so... yeah.

But then, I think I will stop here.

Just to point out, weather sealed does not means water sealed.
This is because a camera with weather sealed can still be damaged by water.

Since you mention that you had 4 camera being damaged by rain, you need to know how it damaged.
I had a friend who accidentally put his camera into a wet bag with ice.
And the camera is damaged as the ice melt and soak his camera.

The manufacturers mean water resistant when they say weather sealed.
OK, what I meant was water resistant.
Yes i know how they got wet.
There were various ways the water got in.

The X-T1 is probably the closest to your needs minus the weight and cost. Its lesser than 450g without lens though. Its really a fine camera if you can stretch your budget or wait a bit longer for used units to surface.

Yes, I was considering this too.
Although movie is only 30 fps.
If only they made better movies as 60fps is common on most prosumer upwards camera.
But might have to compromise if no choice.
For the weight, I meant under 450g without lens.
But I hope the lens isn't too heavy or bulky.
I don't need to get a camera right now.
Maybe I need it in late June.
Will look out for second hand deals.