Recommend me an electric shaver, budget less than $250

aaron80

Mar 29, 2006
North
www.flickr.com
Yo bros, thinking of getting an electric shaver to replace my traditional manual shaver. My budget is less than $250. Can I get a good one? I only know of one model which is the Braun Series 3, 390cc which seems quite good from what I have read. I prefer the Braun type of shaving head and not the Philip rotary heads.

Are there any other models which are good that I should consider?

Thanks in advance!:)

one of the thing you have to consider whether it can close shave.... and do it fast as well... else you will be going back to your manual shaver

Seiko and Panasonic make electric shavers with the Braun type vibrating head.
$250 can get you a good one.

If you travel often and need similar electric shaver, Panasonic makes a very good and cheap (about $30) travel shaver that uses two AA batteries, is splashproof and can shave wet or dry. The latest model has a built-in sideburn trimmer.

As far as shaver design goes, the simpler the better.

Avoid gimmicky "special features" that add to the cost and make the whole thing much more complicated than it needs to be.
Manufacturers do tend to get into features wars. Oh, you got features 1,2,3....my new model boasts features 1,2,3,4,5.....

As a photographer certainly you remember the useless "feature" of Panorama-Mode in film cameras where two blades fold down and actually reduce your image area i.e. it was a big disadvantage but was instead marketed to novice buyers as an extra feature to justify a higher price.

actually i am still using the cheapo braun travel shaver... i just throw and buy new one when its time to replace... cos the replacement kit costs almost the same price of the travel shaver haha.