Recommend Me A Router!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Option 1 : Starhub Point --> Starhub Modem --(RJ45)--> Desktop or Laptop (wired only)
* only allow 1 device connected via wired connection

Option 2 : Starhub Point --> Starhub Modem --(RJ45)--> Wireless Broadband Router --( wired or wireless )--> Desktop or Laptop
* If you subscribe to Starhub 100M plan, you need wired or fast wireless (N) to get optimise speed
else like 8M or lower plan, wireless (N) only provide better coverage and speed still cap to 8M for Internet surfing

In layman term, if you are staying in HDB and subscribe to 8M or lower plan, G wireless is good enough.

For those interested ive ended up just getting the apple time capsule! Its got the wifi hard disk for wireless backup and built in wireless router. My connection speed seems to have tripled over night which is fantastic, and I have yet to be disconnected! Touch wood, that problems over!

For those interested ive ended up just getting the apple time machine! Its got the wifi hard disk for wireless backup and built in wireless router. My connection speed seems to have tripled over night which is fantastic, and I have yet to be disconnected! Touch wood, that problems over!

Pardon my queries, you are using mac? :think:

you are prob benefitting from the N signal. My surfing speed noticeably sped up when I change my router too.

I want to change to time capsule due to its ability to back up system and wireless N. But hesitated because I need to get additional ADSL modem. :embrass:

I am thinking of redo my wireless network(currently running G), but fear of the hot spots in my HDB flat will reduce the speed (Old flat, not like the new ones with phone port in every room). Any recommendation for a N ADSL or cable modem....currently, I pull a phone line from the living room to my room. :sweat:...like running Matrix.

I want to change to time capsule due to its ability to back up system and wireless N. But hesitated because I need to get additional ADSL modem. :embrass:

I am thinking of redo my wireless network(currently running G), but fear of the hot spots in my HDB flat will reduce the speed (Old flat, not like the new ones with phone port in every room). Any recommendation for a N ADSL or cable modem....currently, I pull a phone line from the living room to my room. :sweat:...like running Matrix.
Come meet me at Cityhall tomorrow and I can show you a few options :devil: not to mention funan is nearby too :bsmilie:

ON YOU! :devil:....What time, pm me leh. :bsmilie:...Remember to bring additional 2 gig CF card for your favourite ******.....
tomorrow I bring HDD, this time got to put it in my bag before I got to sleep. oh yeah, got prawn bring prawn ok? :bsmilie:

630 la easiest. same place.

draytek
zyxel
buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.