Recommend me a portrait lens, thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy2007

Jul 25, 2007
hi, can anybody recommend me a portrait lens for my D40x, a entry level is good enough, thanks,

sounds like this place is turning into an askjeeves search box. repeated asking of basic questions with no form of courtesy what so ever. hey, bloke, go fetch me a bone. get the rift?

here's one: 50mm.

1. Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G
2. Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Both will auto-focus on the Nikon D40x dSLR.

1. Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G
2. Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
3. AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED
4. AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
5. AF-S 300mm f/4D IF-ED
6. AF-S VR 200mm f/2G IF-ED
7. AF-S VR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED
8. AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED

All will auto-focus on the Nikon D40x dSLR.

sounds like this place is turning into an askjeeves search box. repeated asking of basic questions with no form of courtesy what so ever. hey, bloke, go fetch me a bone. get the rift?

ya you are right, but he did end off with a "thanks" didnt he?

dont know what hit you this morning... but relax.... it is a forum after all isnt it?

hi, can anybody recommend me a portrait lens for my D40x, a entry level is good enough, thanks,

any budget?

50mm 1.8 cheaper
35mm 1.8
50mm 1.4
80mm 1.8
80mm 1.4 less cheap
135mm 2.0?

:)

shooting style is important

budget also very important:)

Last edited:

haha relaxxxx.
to quincy: hey dude, i'm a newbie here too. same as you, using a d40x.
however, i do my own researches online, check the forum threads which are related to my questions and doubts. to clarify some enquiries then i post threads to ask for opinions.
just please refrain from asking directly recommendations before you even did any researches or whatsoever.
and this is just my 1cent lol.

good luck! *peace*

i think the 35mm is good

because you have a crop factor

so 35mm will account to about 52.5mm

so it will imitate the effects of the 50mm f/1.4

depends how much of the background you want to blur...if you want them in focus then actually the kit lens is pretty much okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.