Recommend me a photographer vest

Status
Not open for further replies.
azul123 said:
Hi Max 2.8,
The vest you were looking for, so far is the coolest looking one, pity you didn't find it, if you do can PM me where to get it?

A vest is better than lugging around a bag. But I don't like to advertise for the camera company, not that I don't like them... just that they have the weirdess wording like Canon Professional or Nikon Professional, paiseh to even wear it. :embrass:

I had tried to remove the wordings but in the end torn it only, due to my rush rush work. :sweat:

../azul123

You meant the one I put in B&S? I doubt I can find it, thats why looking for alternatives. I also dun like "branded" items. but if free, i dun mind lah...he he

Anyway, will inform you if I find one. Maybe someone can do a MO?

Actually, vests are not for carrying your stuff permanently one. you'll still need a bag.

What I usually do during weddings are to put my shoulder bag in one corner where its safe, like the ball room's stage side etc, and then carry whatever I might need on my "SBO". The problem with my "SBO aka S&F Shoulder Harness & Deluxe belt" is its quite padded so it takes up quite a lot of space in my bag. thats why now decided to go for the traditional vest.

Max 2.8 said:
Hi denniskee,

Cam show me your 2nd one?;)

Thanks
Max 2.8

i got it from tcw. i think they have only 2 safro vest. go for the one with big pocket.

user111 said:
Canonvest.jpg

Where do you carry your lens or change lens?:dunno:

i use bag to carry lens

the vest is to act stylo only:bsmilie:

Max 2.8 said:
Event photographers and wedding photographers wear vest for easy accessibility.

Not hobbist. When I shoot for fun, I also won't want to wear...Hot!

totally agree with you, bro ..... in addition, where you place your items in your vest is very important to your workflow :)

Must be systematic....if not, open all pockets .....just to look for an item :bsmilie: I always place them according to my workflow ..so that I know exactly which one to open and get my stuff out quickly ;p

Ah V,

Long time no hear liao! How are you? Spot on for your answer!

Found a no brand vest at TCW. Close to what I've been looking for. Whats missing are some accessory loops and amplets

Front
DSC00180.jpg

Back
DSC00181.jpg

Will do the mods are share with you all again.;)

What does amplets do?

if you sling shoulder bags or 2nd camera, you can secure them with amplets so they dun slip off while you move around.

Accessory loop in the front (original unmodified version), wonder what could that be used for?

../azul123

hi max2.8

not advicible to load too many eqpt into the vest. hinder you movement, hence defeat the purpose of wearing a vest to be mobile.

think it through, load in the min. eqpt you need for the shooting session. the rest can keep in the bag (i believe you will still bring your camera bag to the shooting session 1st right?)

denniskee said:
hi max2.8

not advicible to load too many eqpt into the vest. hinder you movement, hence defeat the purpose of wearing a vest to be mobile.

think it through, load in the min. eqpt you need for the shooting session. the rest can keep in the bag (i believe you will still bring your camera bag to the shooting session 1st right?)

Yep, you are right. But unless I carry my quantum battery on my belt, I need a place to hold the battery, thats why I added the accessory loops behind my vest. Normally during wedding, I'll carry 1 or 2 lens, CF cards, spare camera batteries and my quantum battery on my "SBO". The rest will be in my bag.

Azul 123, The 2 loops in front are just better neoprene cases for my CF cards and spare camera batteries. Planned to use the pockets on the top of them for used CF cards and batteries so I won't mix them up. As for the right chest pocket, its for my ciggarettes, lighter and pen ;) . Did you realise that the lower 2 big pockets are padded? cool, right? Thinking of removing the zip and add a quick release.

azul123 said:
Accessory loop in the front (original unmodified version), wonder what could that be used for?

../azul123

The eastic band, thats removable? Thats to secure your camera while you not using it, so it doesn't swing around.

Max, bought one from ID.. but still hv no courage to wear locally..:bsmilie:
will wear it for oversea trip.;) It costs me about S$75

whats ID? I only will use it for wedding gigs lah. leisure shooting, No Vest!

Status
Not open for further replies.