Recommend me a good affortable Circular polarizer for K-x kit lens

Learnphotography

Apr 18, 2009
Singapore
What are the good quality polariser filter for k-x kit lens(diameter 52mm)? I need it to remove reflection when shooting water, aquarium and get the deep blue sky:) Do i need to consider buying a larger diameter filter so that it can fit my future lens?

Tokina shld be affordable n since it's only 52mm it shld not be that x.. 77mm cpl is bout 60 so I'm assuming ya

Tokina is cheap, but from my experience their filters have pretty bad colour cast. Not sure if there're any cheap and good filters out there, I think as a general trend their prices are more or less pegged to their quality. There're probably exceptions, but I'm still looking too....

try Hoya...decent price, but hard to clean though....

Marumi is cheaper, & decent quality. I bought from Ebay.

Hi, can u post some pics? Marumi DHG series or non DHG? im using only kit lens so i don't want invest too much on a 52mm CPL.
in the future i may get new lens with larger diameter. The next lens i wld probably get is a fast prime lens. what can a CPL attached to a prime lens do? is there a need?

Last edited:
CPL buy multi coated one, since 52mm is very affordable. But it wont be as cheap as $20. Just buy the cheapest multicoated one. Marumi I think is one of the more affordable ones.

i brought Hoya purple label for my K-x, but i forget how much i brought. The quality is good so i'll recommend it.

Anyway do anyone of you had those ND filter which is a square or retangle shape one?

is it good to use and where to buy? which shops are cheaper?

Thank you so much.

Hi, can u post some pics? Marumi DHG series or non DHG? im using only kit lens so i don't want invest too much on a 52mm CPL.
in the future i may get new lens with larger diameter. The next lens i wld probably get is a fast prime lens. what can a CPL attached to a prime lens do? is there a need?

A prime lens will normally have a UV/skylight filter to protect your investment. No one will put a CPL filter permanently on a lens. . .

CPL filters block out the blue rays and reflections when you shoot at water scenes

All my lenses have a UV filter to protect them. I only use a CPL for special scenes.

guys, anyone knows anything abt the marumi DHG Lens Protect? Is it another way of saying UV filter or it's as the name suggest.....just a multi coated glass protection without UV.

got my massa cpl 77mm for about 10 bucks .. so far so good except for slight vignetting at 10mm for my lens

guys, anyone knows anything abt the marumi DHG Lens Protect? Is it another way of saying UV filter or it's as the name suggest.....just a multi coated glass protection without UV.

i also use that for my Tamron it works just fine and it's cheaper too, plus you can also add another filter to it without removing the Marumi lens protector.

i also use that for my Tamron it works just fine and it's cheaper too, plus you can also add another filter to it without removing the Marumi lens protector.

tat is cool.....thks for yr inputs!