recommend me a digi cam..~

Status
Not open for further replies.

savager

Jun 12, 2004
hmm.. i'm considering the nikon 3200 or de 3700.. but i heard that nikon does not allow u to adjust ISO levels?? so.. do these cameras perform bad under night conditions? i've read a lot of reviews bout the 3200.. most were great.. but tink got grainy pics when it comes to night mode.. how bout the users? any comments? hmm..btw..i'm oso considering the Sony DSC-V1.. that would cost a bomb.. but it seems that the features are quite gd as well.. how u ppl tink? :confused:

savager said:
hmm.. i'm considering the nikon 3200 or de 3700.. but i heard that nikon does not allow u to adjust ISO levels?? so.. do these cameras perform bad under night conditions? i've read a lot of reviews bout the 3200.. most were great.. but tink got grainy pics when it comes to night mode.. how bout the users? any comments? hmm..btw..i'm oso considering the Sony DSC-V1.. that would cost a bomb.. but it seems that the features are quite gd as well.. how u ppl tink? :confused:

If you want lots of control, get the Canon A70/A75/A80. You have Aperture, Shutter, Program, Auto modes blah blah blah. White balancing, ISO speed, etc all user changable. Good pictures at ISO 50 and 100. ISO 200 so so, ISO 400 quite bad though.

Cheap and good. Got macro function some more :thumbsup:

hansia said:
If you want lots of control, get the Canon A70/A75/A80. You have Aperture, Shutter, Program, Auto modes blah blah blah. White balancing, ISO speed, etc all user changable. Good pictures at ISO 50 and 100. ISO 200 so so, ISO 400 quite bad though.

Cheap and good. Got macro function some more :thumbsup:

hmm.. i feel its gd la.. budden the prob is juz with the size? its really big.. and damn heavy as well.. i would prefer sth portable.. any opinions on the nikon / sony cams? :confused:

betterfeel said:
cheap but like SLR

big sized and awful.. as i've said.. :bigeyes:

savager said:
big sized and awful.. as i've said.. :bigeyes:

Use CANON! Get the Ixus 500. I own the Ixus 330 and it's compact (I hate big cameras too, but I have excuse because I'm a girl, haha!) and takes fantastic photos. I will never change brands. Have u tried holding the sony v1? I tried it and it's actually a bit 'too-small' to be comfortable.

daphz said:
Use CANON! Get the Ixus 500. I own the Ixus 330 and it's compact (I hate big cameras too, but I have excuse because I'm a girl, haha!) and takes fantastic photos. I will never change brands. Have u tried holding the sony v1? I tried it and it's actually a bit 'too-small' to be comfortable.

Cannot agree with you more! Canon IXUS - same size as cigarette box. - never go wrong other than handshake.

And for the few favourite shots that you get, furhter enhance it with PS.

Except that after while, you alway think could have done a much better job and then end up whit a DSLR - just like me.

(personal exp - anything bigger - pls make sure you really want/need those extra features/functions because easy and convenience suffers and you are 'neither here nor there'. Anything smaller - maybe same features may compromised. GOt to do some research on what is in the market)

Status
Not open for further replies.