Recommend me a compact camera! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
- wide angle, 25mm or wider
- slim
- vibrant out of camera photo (don't want to edit those images)
- below S$700

I am seriously considering the LX3, but heard that the colors are dull.. and it's a little big in size.

Any others to recommend? Better if there's better bargain in Hong Kong, as I am going over this Sunday :)

How about the new Canon S90? Specs is out, but haven't seen the IQ yet.

The S series compacts have never fail to impress :thumbsup:

i'd personally recommend the ixus 100 for a easy pns,

for something serious, i'd take the LX3.

it's a worthy investment which i think will last rather long.

- slim
- below S$700

I am seriously considering the LX3, but heard that the colors are dull.. and it's a little big in size.

Any others to recommend? Better if there's better bargain in Hong Kong, as I am going over this Sunday :)

Hi:)

I'd recommend LX3 (if you've heard/known/or even seen pics:thumbsup:eek:f it).

Oh yah, do note that 60mmMax-zoom :bigeyes:but able to use 'EZ'-feature to 4.5x at about 2.5/3mgpxl only =approx. 108mm(pls help correct if wrong...) so that means from the very nice 24mm to about 108mm = good-standard-focal-range right...? Agree...?

Yes, and it's Leica Quality Optics...

As for those Newer brands/models, unless you're not in a hurry and can wait...:)

Last edited:
- slim
- below S$700

I think your first condition would kind of choose the camera itself, not many around that would give you 25mm, except Panasonic, maybe one of 2 others, I am not too sure. Maybe from Richo? but I can see heads shaking already, not that it is a bad cam, but its not that popular here.

Hi, Though LX3 is a good choice, TZ7 is cheaper by $100/- saving for another card/battery
TZ7 can be carried in your shirt pocket with a strap round neck ready to be pulled out and shoot any fleeting subject, safe and fast. Has LX3 same size and weight. However, LX3 is good for low light with 24mm wide and TZ with 25mm with 12X optical zoom for walkabout

Hi, Though LX3 is a good choice, TZ7 is cheaper by $100/- saving for another card/battery
TZ7 can be carried in your shirt pocket with a strap round neck ready to be pulled out and shoot any fleeting subject, safe and fast. Has LX3 same size and weight. However, LX3 is good for low light with 24mm wide and TZ with 25mm with 12X optical zoom for walkabout

I will recommend DMC-TZ7 as well. Just bought it at ParisSilk for $552 cash only. I had done a similar thread not long ago. These were the results.

Panasonic LX3
Panasonic DMC-TZ7
FujiFilm F200 EXR
Leica D-Lux 3/4
Canon IXUS 110 IS

Henry Soh, did you just serve your ICT in July? You sounds familiar... :think:

Seems like the TZ7 is quite good, zoom is also impressive.

how much isit in HK?

After much deliberation, I've got the Panasonic FX580! :)

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0901/09012702panasonicdmcfx550.asp

Chose it because of the manual function, touchscreen (very useful for me!), and slim form factor..

Got it at a very good deal of HK$2080 (S$388).. parallel import without warranty from New Sankyo Camera in Tsim Sha Tsui.

As mine doesn't come with any SDHC cards, should I get the highest speed card available from Sandisk? Any idea what is the maximum writing/reading speed for Panasonic compacts? Don't wish to get an ultra fast card but limited by the camera writing speed...

Extreme3 @ S$44 vs Ultra2 @ S$20 for a 4GB card.

Status
Not open for further replies.