Its time to get a new camera bag :cry:

Probably a backpack type, but it should be large enough to accomodate:

1. D70
2. 18-70mm AF-S f/3.5-4.5DX lens
3. 50mm f/1.8D
4. 70-200 f/2.8VR
5. Cleaning stuff like a blower/lens pen
6. Pockets for remote control, spare battery

I will be making a trip to Mulu/Miri in Sarawak, and it will involve a lot of trekking and some caving. So I guess I'll need something that can accomodate everything listed above except the 50mm (will leave that behind), with maybe some side pockets for a bottle of water and maybe a light tripod? Preferably water resistant in case of rain.. Is this asking too much, or should I just dump the camera and lenses into my 80L camping backpack? :bsmilie:

Would love to hear some suggestions, thanks!

Gymrat76 said:
Hi all,

Its time to get a new camera bag :cry:

Probably a backpack type, but it should be large enough to accomodate:

1. D70
2. 18-70mm AF-S f/3.5-4.5DX lens
3. 50mm f/1.8D
4. 70-200 f/2.8VR
5. Cleaning stuff like a blower/lens pen
6. Pockets for remote control, spare battery

I will be making a trip to Mulu/Miri in Sarawak, and it will involve a lot of trekking and some caving. So I guess I'll need something that can accomodate everything listed above except the 50mm (will leave that behind), with maybe some side pockets for a bottle of water and maybe a light tripod? Preferably water resistant in case of rain.. Is this asking too much, or should I just dump the camera and lenses into my 80L camping backpack? :bsmilie:

Would love to hear some suggestions, thanks!

Hmmz..Maybe u shld look for Xiao Ding Dang. He got 'Ba Bao Dai', shld suffice ya needs.. ;p

Seriously speaking, if you got loads to stuff to put in besides ya camera equipment, why dunt u get a sling bag and stuff the sling back into ya normal backpack . I mean if you're thinking of getting a backpack for ya camera, wont u be carrying two backpacks?

Suggestion is Lowepro mini trekker AW 2.

I'm using it myself to keep:
1 water bottle
1 umbrella
1 dust blower, lens paper, methanol
1 50-500
1 12-24
1 100mm macro
1 300D
2 teleconvertors
1 550EX flash
spare batteries and cf cards
1 towel

--
and one tripod.

--
its not too big, not too small,

lowepro topload AW400 :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone. I'll go check out these bags at CP later today. Thanks :)

Gymrat76 said:
Thank you everyone. I'll go check out these bags at CP later today. Thanks :)

i think if you are carrying the stuff u mentioned for more than an hour or two (should be > 4kg) , better get a bagpack!!

Thanks gang!

Looked at the LowePro Mini Trekker and think its pretty nice. Will get this one from CP next week! :)

Cheers
GYR

Can anyone tell me what the abbreviation CP stands for is it Cathay Photo - Peninsula Plaza?? Sorry, newbie. . . .Searching the forums did not tell me what it is.

Asterix said:
Can anyone tell me what the abbreviation CP stands for is it Cathay Photo - Peninsula Plaza?? Sorry, newbie. . . .Searching the forums did not tell me what it is.

:bsmilie:

CP - Cathay Photo. refers to both their main shop at Peninsular Plaza and Marina branch.

Told you I'm new. Anyway, thanks. CS has been a great help to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.