Recommend me a bag

iRaphael

Feb 23, 2007
Pandan Gardens
I've got a Lowepro Computrekker AW Plus that I'm intending to sell cos its just too big.

My needs are: 1 15" laptop, 1 gripped camera, 2-3 lenses and flash. Some random accessories like batteries, memory cards, etc.

I require a backpack, that's not so conspicuous as what I have now, and something that I can use to put in books, files, etc for school too.

Looked around all the common brands like thinktank and lowepro but can't seem to find one that's not so box-ish or humongous. Any other brands other users out there can recommend me?

Almost the goto bag for a lot of photographers...the Lowepro Fastpack 250 or something like it.

if you dont need the laptop compartment, the similar design Versapack is damn light.

I've got a Lowepro Computrekker AW Plus that I'm intending to sell cos its just too big.

My needs are: 1 15" laptop, 1 gripped camera, 2-3 lenses and flash. Some random accessories like batteries, memory cards, etc.

I require a backpack, that's not so conspicuous as what I have now, and something that I can use to put in books, files, etc for school too.

Looked around all the common brands like thinktank and lowepro but can't seem to find one that's not so box-ish or humongous. Any other brands other users out there can recommend me?

I don't think there is a bag which can fit books+laptop+gripped camera+2-3 lenses...

you can go to funan centre's camera shops to look and touch the bags. different people have different expections and budgets. if you want to browse freely without the salesperson following you like a leech, you can visit large stores like Harvey Norman or Challenger.

Have you considered the kata digital rucksack series?

you can go to funan centre's camera shops to look and touch the bags. different people have different expections and budgets. if you want to browse freely without the salesperson following you like a leech, you can visit large stores like Harvey Norman or Challenger.

TK Foto would be better, HV and Challenger variety is very little, usually only Lowepro and not even the full range.

Almost the goto bag for a lot of photographers...the Lowepro Fastpack 250 or something like it.

i was looking for the fastpack 250 as well for almost the same requirements (sans grip). it should be sufficient.

cheers!

what lens will u bring?
it's hard to find the bag smaller than lowepro computrekker...if u use 70-200/70-300/100-400 etc (big tele lens)
and 1 more things, ur laptop is not small...15"..

I don't think there is a bag which can fit books+laptop+gripped camera+2-3 lenses...

even if there is such a bag, that kind of weight will crush your poor shoulders.

so if u want to go shoot, leave your books and laptop behind (only bring your laptop if u are going for overseas holiday), else bring your books and laptop and leave your cam equipments at home if u are not shooting.

dun be like a kiasu kindergarden student leh, everything also bring to sch :bsmilie:

I am planning to get the Fastpack 250 soon. After walking around stores and doing online research, I will have to agree that the Fastpack 250 is a good in-between backpack among the available choices in the market. Not the divine choice but it is the best among all in term of the features and price.

I like the storage compartment for personal items, laptop compartment, the quick access opening to the camera compartment.

there is. the Streetwalker Harddrive from ThinkTank. 2.3kg without anything. i use it for my notebook, camera + 3 or 4 lenses and 1 flash...and can still re-arrange the inserts to accommodate my notebook power adapter and cleaning kit and other stuff :D

iRaphael said:

I have been using the Fastpack 250 for the past few months and loving it. I have almost the same requirements - just that my laptop is 13.3". Very nice bag, accessible and plenty of storage well spaced out.

So to hijack this post a bit.

I also need a bag that can store:
- 15"-17" laptop + power adapter
- DSLR cam
- 3 to 4 lenses
- some smaller accessories - batteries, memory cards, air pump, filters etc
- tripod (to attach on outside of bag)

I also quite like the Lowepro Fastpack 250/350, does it have anything to carry the tripod?

I have seen a lot of Vanguard bags at Mustafa which are not too expensive, are they good?

if you dont need the laptop compartment, the similar design Versapack is damn light.

Sry to hijack.I like the design of Versapack.Any idea of the RRP?Tia!!

Hijack abit :p

Eh, anyone know how much does a domke bag cost ar? Like F-3X?

I am looking for a sling bag because the one from Kata is nice, but too 'box' looking so when i carry, it cover like my whole back and look abit weird :p
( Dont want crumpler :p )

So to hijack this post a bit.

I also need a bag that can store:
- 15"-17" laptop + power adapter
- DSLR cam
- 3 to 4 lenses
- some smaller accessories - batteries, memory cards, air pump, filters etc
- tripod (to attach on outside of bag)

I also quite like the Lowepro Fastpack 250/350, does it have anything to carry the tripod?

I have seen a lot of Vanguard bags at Mustafa which are not too expensive, are they good?

The fastpacks do not have a tripod holder.If Vanguard can consider the Uprise 46 or 48.Otherwise the Think Tank Streetwalker Harddrive...

Hijack abit :p

Eh, anyone know how much does a domke bag cost ar? Like F-3X?

I am looking for a sling bag because the one from Kata is nice, but too 'box' looking so when i carry, it cover like my whole back and look abit weird :p
( Dont want crumpler :p )

Call Cathay Photo and ask...

You can look for KATA Bumblebee series. I am using it and quite happy with it.