Recommend me a 2-3 piece speaker system

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
I am going to discard my 6.1 Creative speakers for a new one, i would prefer something good and lasting.

Maybe below $100 would be nice. i've seen the few Creative 2.1 speakers. kinda good.

i like the design of the SBS A300, M2600....

I would like to hear from fellow csers on the other brands beside Creative who offers 2 piece speakers with subwoofers thou.

:thumbsup:

also recommend a good sound card too.. my audigy 2 cmi too..... thinking of changing to a entry level sound card.

both my speakers and soundcard around 6-7yrs old already... :bsmilie::bsmilie: back to those time when the AMD Tbird 1Ghz was a super fast CPU.... :bsmilie:

i own JBL's Creature II currently. still selling at South Asia Computer at Funan a little under $150. sounds gd, looks gd (its subjective lah:embrass:), price reasonable.

I am going to discard my 6.1 Creative speakers for a new one, i would prefer something good and lasting.

Maybe below $100 would be nice. i've seen the few Creative 2.1 speakers. kinda good.

i like the design of the SBS A300, M2600....

I would like to hear from fellow csers on the other brands beside Creative who offers 2 piece speakers with subwoofers thou.

Bose MediaMate :thumbsup::)

Heard Harman Kardon [FONT=arial, helvetica]SOUNDSTICKSII are good!!
[/FONT]

both my speakers and soundcard around 6-7yrs old already... :bsmilie: back to those time when the AMD Tbird 1Ghz was a super fast CPU.... :bsmilie:

Does your soundcard have a handle which you have to crank up when you want to play the sound?

And the speakers are two large trumpet-shaped horns? :bsmilie:

Does your soundcard have a handle which you have to crank up when you want to play the sound?

And the speakers are two large trumpet-shaped horns? :bsmilie:

thats a gramophone leh......:sticktong

i own JBL's Creature II currently. still selling at South Asia Computer at Funan a little under $150. sounds gd, looks gd (its subjective lah:embrass:), price reasonable.

wah.... slightly under $150... over my budget...

i trying to solve my speaker and sound card problem for $150....

i dun think the onboard soundcard is good anyway...

what you guys think ? use onboard ?

I too am searching for a set of 2.1 speaker systems. Found the BOSE to be quite good, but a little pricey. JBLs are probably another good pair to consider. If you're not too particular about fantastic pristine sound, then SLS has got quite a good selection to offer mate! But chances are you will be even more :confused: after that. Hahaha :bsmilie:

yeah retro. gotta agree on that.

i went to SLS last week... there were too many choices.

I know Bose, Harmon Kardon are good brands. but they tend to be a little on the pricey side.

my concern is that i am using the onboard sound which was provided by the Asus P5N-SLi board.

i do not know what is the capablity of the sound card and how good it performs anyway.. and my Audigy 2 which is around 6yrs old is dead, and my 6.1 speakers are dead.

so yah... i have around $150 to work with.. anything more than that will bust my funds for my "ship jumping" :bsmilie:

so if someone can answer the question to whether my onboard sound is "capable", i wouldnt mind pumping extra moohlah into the soundsticks II... :bsmilie:

afterall.. i am pretty sure it will work GREAT with my ipod... :bsmilie:

hi Glennyong,

i not sure abt soundcard d capabilities, but i dun hav d most up-to-date de oso. its more den 2yrs old liao. but d Creature II is d best at tt price at tt time i buy, IMO. d JBL Duet (2.0) could b had for under $100 if u can find- it was my original target.

when it comes to sound preferance do play a part in deciding which 1 is for u. i hav my sub on a DIY isolation platform to bring out finer levels of sonic detail & reduce detortion. :cool:

creature 2 ?? thanks for recommendations...

so now we have the Soundsticks II, and creatures.

so now it all boils now to whether sound card is critical to produce quality sounds from a good speaker...

or a good speaker and a onboard soundcard and produce wonderful results.
:dunno:

what diff can you hear from onboard sound and sound card?
getting a 'better' sound card but skimping on a set of good speakers is equally as useless. Similiar to getting good cam bodys but buying el-cheapo lenses that cannot deliver sharp images.

what diff can you hear from onboard sound and sound card?
getting a 'better' sound card but skimping on a set of good speakers is equally as useless. Similiar to getting good cam bodys but buying el-cheapo lenses that cannot deliver sharp images.

so from your point of view, can i say that i should forgo the idea of getting the sound card and pay more for a good pair of speakers then ?

For a budget speaker, I quite like the sound of the Logitech X230. As for soundcard, depending on your budget, maybe you can consider an external DAC like Fubar. If not the Creative X-Fi Xtrememusic should be good enough, or you can consider the EMU 0404.

creature 2 ?? thanks for recommendations...

so now we have the Soundsticks II, and creatures.

so now it all boils now to whether sound card is critical to produce quality sounds from a good speaker...

or a good speaker and a onboard soundcard and produce wonderful results.
:dunno:

here's d link on Creature II
http://europe.jbl.com/home/products/series.aspx?SerId=HMM

my original target was
http://europe.jbl.com/home/products...age=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA&cat=HMM&ser=HMM

& my DIY isolation platform is 2 spare homogenous tiles stacked together isolated w/ round-ended nut from hardware store. :lovegrin: oh ya, there r other colors still avail for tt Creature.

Status
Not open for further replies.