Recommend LEGAL MP3 download sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feinwerkbau

Deregistered
May 11, 2004
Hi Guys,

I guess by now you all would know what a TOTAL IT klutz I am from my previous posts...:embrass:

Anyways, I just got a Motorola SLVR L7 phone and apparently, I can save songs into it.

Can you recommend a good (reliable, trustworthy w/cc info) download sites that's legal? I'm looking for English songs - various gneres.

Do you know if there's anything I need to do (like convert files) when I download or how does it all work? What do I have to do?

Apologies to all those who know how and may find these questions idiotic but seriously, when it comes to these IT things, I am an idiot!!! :bigeyes: :bsmilie: ;p

HELP PLEASE!!! :sweat: THANKS GUYS!!!

download.com is the only legal website that i can think of.

there are some dedicated music communities on livejournal which do file sharing. not very legal, but it works.

i recommend itunes too. it's comprehensive and reliable.

Hey THANKS guys! ;)

I'm looking at some of them right now! :D

Issit ok if I come back to ask questions if I get stuck (I just KNOW i will! LOL!)?

CHEERS!

Hmmm ... copy from CD into PC then download into phone issit?

Does it need to be converted into MP3 format first? If yes, how to convert? I've got lots of original CDs! :think:

Feinwerkbau said:
Hmmm ... copy from CD into PC then download into phone issit?

Does it need to be converted into MP3 format first? If yes, how to convert? I've got lots of original CDs! :think:

U can use iTunes or RealPlayer jukebox to rip your CDs. There's a record MP3 functions. Alternatively you can look for MP3 recorders on www.downloads.com :)

+evenstar said:
buy CD and rip?
Don't think this is legal. Any lawyer here want to comment?

+evenstar said:
buy CD and rip?

this is NOT legal. i've read about it before. hahaha it's the same as downloading off the net and sending it to others. but i realise that some cds can't even rip out =\.

Koelsch said:
this is NOT legal. i've read about it before. hahaha it's the same as downloading off the net and sending it to others. but i realise that some cds can't even rip out =\.

Then if I want to play it on my MP3 player ? I find its ok for self usage.

When you rip, it does not mean downloading and sending to others, :confused:

+evenstar said:
for me, it's illegal as long as i don't distribute it to others.

otherwise, what for i buy mp3 players. :bsmilie:

whahaha. that's the tricky part. but really, from what i know, it's illegal even to rip off music from the cd itself but i wonder why are they so many mp3 players manufacturers when they know ppls are gonna dl illegal mp3s? who's faults? =p

but i know windows media player has a rip off function. which is even more ironic. i really can't confirm whether it's legal or illegal. just don't get caught can le =x

Erm when u upload the songs into ur phone right, the song must be in .mp3 format. And also dun save it as 128 bitrate / 192 bitrate. u killing ur phone memory if u store at the type of size. Because Motorola Speakers sucks ^^ no point saving at suck high quality. 16 or 32 bitrate can liao. Btw i also use Motorola Phone so i know ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.