Recommend graphics card for 2D Photo-editing


Status
Not open for further replies.

darkavgr

New Member
Jul 14, 2002
231
0
0
53
Singapore
Visit site
#1
Hi,

Thinking of upgrading my PC.
Most Graphic cards out there today are geared towards gaming.
Anyone can recommend good graphics card for 2D ?
esp for Photoshop ?

thks...dark
 

AJ23

Senior Member
Jun 12, 2003
12,716
0
0
101
Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
#2
darkavgr said:
Hi,

Thinking of upgrading my PC.
Most Graphic cards out there today are geared towards gaming.
Anyone can recommend good graphics card for 2D ?
esp for Photoshop ?

thks...dark
Matrox series of graphics card. I am using Matrox G550, very satisfied with the 2D performance. I suppose the newer P650/P750 or the Perhelia would be even better?
 

Ah Pao

Senior Member
Nov 7, 2003
1,663
0
36
Singapore
www.facebook.com
#3
Since the time of 486 and Pentium it has been reputated that Matrox cards have the best 2D performance. Can give it a try.
 

darkavgr

New Member
Jul 14, 2002
231
0
0
53
Singapore
Visit site
#4
Ah Pao said:
Since the time of 486 and Pentium it has been reputated that Matrox cards have the best 2D performance. Can give it a try.
Seems that no SLS shops selling Matrox anymore.
Between ATI & Nvidia, which wd give better quality color & accuracy (if there is such a thing) ?

thanks..dark
 

kahheng

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
1,481
1
38
bride.ru
#5
darkavgr said:
Seems that no SLS shops selling Matrox anymore.
Between ATI & Nvidia, which wd give better quality color & accuracy (if there is such a thing) ?

thanks..dark
Try Costronic
 

behyx

Senior Member
Jun 15, 2002
2,642
0
0
35
SG
www.danielbeh.com
#6
I think ATI should be better.

Well, what i've been through is:

I sold away my Nvidia Geforce card and use back my very old Voodoo3 2000 card for better 2D color and sharpness.
 

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
6,598
0
0
38
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
#7
darkavgr said:
Seems that no SLS shops selling Matrox anymore.
Between ATI & Nvidia, which wd give better quality color & accuracy (if there is such a thing) ?

thanks..dark
sure or not?

i'm still hanging on to my millennium g400 max for good reason :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom