Recommend good PocketPC and accessories retailers please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps U can list down wat U looking for in Ur Pocket PC....

Some people wants it small and light.... in this case I would reccomend HP iPAQ 1910.... now selling for $499 or even slightly less everywhere..... some even bundle in and extra battery and PPC case....

Some people wants its inexpensive..... Either HP iPAQ 1910 or Dell Axim X5 (300Mhz) will fit the category..... Dell Axim order from Dell website for $418....

If U want blue-tooth.... Go for HP iPAQ 3970 or iPAQ 5450.... the later one has built-in WiFi..... Both of them run on 400MHz X-Scale processors.....
Both these 2 models are priced higher at $899 and $999 respectively....
Pity U missed the $799 iPAQ 5450 offer that happened about 2 months ago.....

Anyway.... PPC2003 is coming out very very soon.... think will be launched in Singapore by end of the month..... New models by HP are also coming in then..... like iPAQ 1915, iPAQ 2200, iPAQ 5550 etc etc
U will see the PPC prices dropping then.....

Anyway.... now is also a good time to get 2nd hand PPCs as alot of people are selling off their units to prepare for the new models.... At least at the 2nd hand prices... U wun feel so heart-pain when prices go down..... The depreciation is about half the value in 1 year......
Some 2nd hand units are actually in very good condition... if they are well taken care of by their owners... so U dun really have to worry....

Originally posted by AdamGoi
As above.

TIA! ;)

what are the expectations of the pocket pc?
like xin has mentioned. do you need wifi? bluetooth?
it would be useful if you can quote your budget too.
the softwares build in are almost the same since they all use WinCE OSes.

if not in a hurry, i'd suggest you wait for those with the new xscale processors with 200mhz bus and the new pocket pc 2003 OS. the current xscale processors with 100mhz bus seems to be slower than the strongarm processors. this is based on my personal experience after comparing my 568 and gf's E740.

cheerz

Erm ... thanks for the input. Interesting, I've considered most of the points that have been raised; still they are useful to note.

I'm actually asking for the names of the retailers ... :D

Microhouse OA ?
the one at funan ....

go look for richard or neo...maybe can get good price. but no promises wor... u say alan recommend one lor.;)

as for retailers, i think you can go to south asia at funan. try to speak to the lady boss. I bought both my 568, 740 from her. so far, she has given me the best price of all the shops i have visited.
rather she has agreed to my offers.

do your homework about the prices first, then lower the price by a little (sounds cheap skate huh!:p ) and then you ask her if she can match your price. if you pay by cash you'd likely to suceed :D

for cases, depends on what kind of cases you want, for better cases like vaja and piel frama you can get then DOML (funan 5th floor).

for sync cables and usb chargers, get them from Kenar Services, cheapest around to the best my knowledge

good luck to your purchases. :)

Originally posted by AdamGoi
Erm ... thanks for the input. Interesting, I've considered most of the points that have been raised; still they are useful to note.

I'm actually asking for the names of the retailers ... :D

Price wise... the difference between the retailers dun really differ much.....

Accessories wise.... especially screen protectors.... I will purchase from DOML like Hobbes234 suggested..... coz they will install it nicely for U without dust or air bubbles.... save U tearing Ur hair out over how to install it properly.....

Actually.... for the rest of the accessories.... there isn't any shops that are really cheaper than rest... U juz have to wait for offers from some shops from time to time....

That goes for Pocket PCs too.... usually they are priced around the same.....

Personally.... I would consider buying from Best Denki if the price is the same.... coz they have this wonderful warranty scheme where U pay 4% of Ur total product price and enjoy 5 years warranty..... including 1st year fire and thief covers..... Quite worth IMHO..... U pay so little for peace of mind..... Other retailers dun cover so long.... or very expensive to cover so long......

Status
Not open for further replies.