Recommend for PnS camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oTaRu

Dec 25, 2004
hi guys, can recommend any pns camera suitable for family? if not wrong there's a model with high ISO or something similiar so that when u shake the camera so fast but it still able to capture... thanks~

oTaRu said:
hi guys, can recommend any pns camera suitable for family? if not wrong there's a model with high ISO or something similiar so that when u shake the camera so fast but it still able to capture... thanks~

High ISO = more noise.
You may have a faster shutter speed with the same aperture with higher ISO but then why do you want to shake your camera so fast for what? Even shivering result a slower movement frequency. The only fast camera shaking case I can think of is that you're shooting from a rattling car or train.

Try the Canon S2 IS (Up to ISO400) but it has IS.
There's many other brands (Fuji, Sony... etc) with high ISO and IS also, but this is a Canon thread.
Don't wish to start a war here among the CSers.

No such thing as u shake the camera so fast and it can still capture, unless you're in bright sunlight and shooting at super fast shutter speeds.

Even for a Canon user, I'll recommend the Fuji F10/11 if you want high ISO (1600)...

why not a canon powershot G2 will be good.its S$350++ for a second hand.or u could try the g6 or pro1!they are good!:thumbsup:
oTaRu said:

S2 IS :thumbsup:

studiolabmaster said:
why not a canon powershot G2 will be good.its S$350++ for a second hand.or u could try the g6 or pro1!they are good!:thumbsup:

Heehee.. the G6 and Pro1... add a little more can buy an entry DSLR....

pro 1 is not really that pro. the lens extend too much

Aiyah, I think I OT quite a bit liao.

Anyways, get a prosumer range (powershot) if you need more controls.
And a compact consumer (Ixus.. etc) if you want the style and sleekish design.

Hoky said:
High ISO = more noise.
You may have a faster shutter speed with the same aperture with higher ISO but then why do you want to shake your camera so fast for what? Even shivering result a slower movement frequency. The only fast camera shaking case I can think of is that you're shooting from a rattling car or train.

Try the Canon S2 IS (Up to ISO400) but it has IS.
There's many other brands (Fuji, Sony... etc) with high ISO and IS also, but this is a Canon thread.
Don't wish to start a war here among the CSers.

i looking for PNS camera but it's not meant for me... i helping my uncle (40+) to look for one... his hand tend to shake when he taking photo... so i need help from u guys... need to seek advice on which model to get...

Well, choice are a plenty. When I visit the client's contsruction site, I'll always have the handy Ixus S55 in my pocket. The images captured are sharp and clear enuff for the meeting wif the project management. Can consider it.;)

+evenstar said:
Even for a Canon user, I'll recommend the Fuji F10/11 if you want high ISO (1600)...

Agreed. However, if you're looking for something with more zoom power than these cameras, and don't mind a reduced ISO capability, look at the very flexible Canon PowerShot S2 IS. Amazing camera...should last your Uncle many years.

i will check out with the model u all suggest... hope u guys will give more suggestions on compact models... thanks...

Hate to say it, but F11 is really quite cool. was playing with it just the other day. It's ugly, but it does its job well..
LOL alternatively look at Panasonic's FX9. the IS on it works wonders, and IMHO is better than S2.
Dunno.. Canon PnS has failed on me 2 times right after warranty, and many many many of my other friends right after warranty.. Avoiding Canon PnS now.

oTaRu said:

My choices are: Fuji F11 (for impressive high ISO performance) and Canon S70/80 (for wide angle). Runners-up include: Canon A620, Nikon 8800.

High ISO with good noise control for PnS: Fuji F11
Under $1k Canon cam with IS: S2 IS

I recommend the Canon S80. Its gives u SLR-like control and impressive image quality!

Eh? How about Panasonic FX-9? With image stabiliser, hopefully can help with your handshaking. Just hope that it works like the advertisements on TV. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.