Recommend Filters for nikkor 24-70mm 2.8

bern820001

May 3, 2006
Hi All

Would like you guys to recommend filters and their prices for a nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 (77mm)

I only know B W filters and Hoya filters? any standard ones to get?

just gets a good multi coated one.... expect $140+

Dont put a crap filter on good lens.... simple stuff really......

bern820001 said:
Hi All

Would like you guys to recommend filters and their prices for a nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 (77mm)

I only know B W filters and Hoya filters? any standard ones to get?

If you under your budget an get B+W Nano XS-Pro MRC UV-Haze or Hoya HD.

Save your future time for clean up the coating.

more or less aiming for a B+W, whats the diff between a B+W Clear UV-Haze MRC Filter (010M) - 77mm & a B+W Nano XS-Pro MRC UV-Haze , any idea how much would that cost?

What are the good multi coated filters to recommend than?

bern820001 said:
more or less aiming for a B+W, whats the diff between a B+W Clear UV-Haze MRC Filter (010M) - 77mm & a B+W Nano XS-Pro MRC UV-Haze , any idea how much would that cost?

Go to Mass Sale and find Henessy

one has nano coat good for the wide lenses.

You have answered what are the good ones, Buy it if you can afford it.... simple.

The nano coated ones are slimmer in profile and easier to clean than the regular F-Pro ones.

Ic but for the slimmer profile am I right to say that we can't fit the normal lens cover?

bern820001 said:
Ic but for the slimmer profile am I right to say that we can't fit the normal lens cover?

But b+w got 2 type the older version does't screw track and the nano type can use the original lens cap.

bern820001 said:

U can still fit the normal lens cover. No problem.

bern820001 said:

You can fit lens caps over the Nano ones. I do that right now. Not an issue at all.

Having said that, the Nano ones have abit of problem screwing in Lee filter adapters but once the filter is removed it is fine. This does not affect normal use for me since I always remove the UV filter when using Lee anyway.

You can fit lens caps over the Nano ones. I do that right now. Not an issue at all.

Having said that, the Nano ones have abit of problem screwing in Lee filter adapters but once the filter is removed it is fine. This does not affect normal use for me since I always remove the UV filter when using Lee anyway.

I agree with the LEE issue - it can get VERY difficult to screw the adapter ring in for nano series.

so nano over the 010M?