Recommend fashionable camera bag to use in Tokyo?

mortpenguin

May 24, 2010
Hey guys, I'm going to Tokyo in 2 weeks' time, and I'm looking for a nice camera sling bag or backpack, preferable those leather or vintage-looking kind, to use while walking on the streets. I'm bringing my Crumpler Karachi Outpost over but I don't want to carry it on the streets 'cause it's too big and makes me stand out. It'd be great if anyone knows of bags which I can get in Japan too, thanks!

Not sure what type of gear you are going to bring... My last trip to Tokyo (2-3 months back) with my family, I used a ThinkTank Streetwalker Pro backpack to carry the following:

1 Nikon D3s body
1 Canon S90
1 afs 16-35 f4 VR
1 afs 70-300 f4.5-5.6 VR
1 afs 24 f1.4g
1 afs 85 f1.4g
2 batteries for D3s
2 batteries for s90
1 blower brush
1 microfiber cloth
1 sb900 flash
1 sb400 flash
1 blackrapid strap

...which works out great for me.

Hey there, I'm using a Panasonic G2, 20mm f1.7 pancake and 45mm f1.8. I'm looking for a more unconventional design, so the typical black bag is not what I'm looking for. But thanks anyway!

domke

ThinkThank Retrospective 5 (pinestone color). Unconventional for sure and certainly looks more like school bag :) You gear will fit well...

<Borrowed picture from Kenrockwell>
D3S_5585-600.jpg

Last edited:
Hey there, I'm using a Panasonic G2, 20mm f1.7 pancake and 45mm f1.8. I'm looking for a more unconventional design, so the typical black bag is not what I'm looking for. But thanks anyway!

Hmm i used a Billingham hadley digital. Small and lovely..looked like a box.

Last edited:
A Billingham will never go wrong, either the Hadley or f/Stop range will suit your gear(s). If you want alternatives you may want to look for Fogg bags though they are not easily found in Singapore.

And while you're in Japan it's a sin not to buy a Porco-rosso bag home. :)

get a cheap bag here first then go japan buy the camera bags there?

Tokyo has many nice bags, just buy there... A&A, porter, even billingham

Berkins said:
Tokyo has many nice bags, just buy there... A&A, porter, even billingham

Yeah, there are a lot of wonderful bag over there , but I only like the billingham design, the billingham over there is super expensive .

Billingham Hadley Digital more than ample for your stated use. Alternately the Artisan GCAM 7200. Brilliant design.

Last edited:
buy a camera insert.

this one ?
or Crumpler ?

you can insert this to Nike backpack, Gucci leather bag or LV messenger bag.

buy a camera insert.

this one ?
or Crumpler ?

you can insert this to Nike backpack, Gucci leather bag or LV messenger bag.

this is a very good suggestion as well. especially for TS' setup.

I saw this site on another forum and fell in love with the bags! It's from Taiwan and the shipping is included in the price you pay for the bag. I got myself a "Pathfinder"... you guys can check out their site. =D They have pretty cool bags. =D

I saw this site on another forum and fell in love with the bags! It's from Taiwan and the shipping is included in the price you pay for the bag. I got myself a "Pathfinder"... you guys can check out their site. =D They have pretty cool bags. =D

pwah. very nice.

it's time to hunting a Billingham thank for the info

index.jpg