Recommend Converters for Oly 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sphoenix

Hi,

Pretty new to this add on accessory thing. What kind of converters can I buy and at what price? Whilst I'm enthusiastic about exploring photography, I don't exactly want to burn a hole in my pocket. :D

For example, for a teleconverter for the oly 2020, the b300 is out of my budget. So which would be better... the c180 or c210? What would I need to fix it on? What's them filters which you guys talk about? How do I mount the filters and zoom together?

Any good place where I can get good prices and service? Seen Mustaffa mentioned, but as I'm new at this I'm a little blur as to what I will need and how to check for quality before purchasing.

Originally posted by Sphoenix
Hi,

Pretty new to this add on accessory thing. What kind of converters can I buy and at what price? Whilst I'm enthusiastic about exploring photography, I don't exactly want to burn a hole in my pocket. :D

For example, for a teleconverter for the oly 2020, the b300 is out of my budget. So which would be better... the c180 or c210? What would I need to fix it on? What's them filters which you guys talk about? How do I mount the filters and zoom together?

Any good place where I can get good prices and service? Seen Mustaffa mentioned, but as I'm new at this I'm a little blur as to what I will need and how to check for quality before purchasing.

U would need a lens adapter + step-up/down ring to attach a TC to ur DC.

U can chk the prices of these accessories wif those C-2040z users...their DC specs is abt the same as urs except their lens is faster.

Filters like UV, Circular Polarizer, ND r used to manipulate the image to create a better pix e.g. a UV filter elmininates part of the UV rays that could cause a bluish, hazy cast on ur pix.

Hi,

Comw and join our SEED this coming Wednesday. You can get your TC, Step-up ring, filters and Oly CLA-1 from CP.:)

Kelvin,

I thought of getting a UV filter on C2040, what do you need to fit the UV filter, the CLA-1 is it?

But when you off the camera, the len retract by itself, so I was wondering, how do you actually fit those stuffs?

Thanks

Originally posted by lufu
Kelvin,

I thought of getting a UV filter on C2040, what do you need to fit the UV filter, the CLA-1 is it?

But when you off the camera, the len retract by itself, so I was wondering, how do you actually fit those stuffs?

Thanks
Yes, the CLA-1 is Oly original lens tube (lens adaptor) and you need a step-up ring or like Remember, he removes the lens of one of the UV filter. The CLA-1 is a bit short so you may crash the lens without any step-up ring. Check out this thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1130&highlight=C2040, it give more details and some good articles. Myself using a 37mm Hoya UV filter with a 43mm-37mm lens filter to avoid blocking the flash. May get the CLA-1 for Polorise filter coming Wednesday.

When you turn on your C2040, the lens extended the black color lens barrel out. When it retracted, the lens barrel is protected bu the lens housing. There are 43mm thread at the lens housing (the inner part). If you want to look at what is lens tube. Check out our infamous Azone reference site --> http://homex.coolconnect.com/member3/aquace21/Home/access/access.htm

Of course, his is for C700 not C2040! Why don't you come and join our SEED coming Wednesday so I can explain better face to face. Can get you good price at CP or John3:16 also. ;)

Hi lufu,

I bought the following item at the last SEED at CP

1) CLA-1
2) Step-up ring 43-52mm
3) Tokina 52 mm UV filter
4) C-210 TC
5) Lowepro D-Res 50 Bag
6) 52mm Lens cap (at John 3:16)

All cost me around $150

C-210_1.jpg

This is 2040z at 3x zoom

C-210_2.jpg

This is with C-210...should be at 5.7x zoom...see just a little vignetting (pic is not cropped)

Originally posted by Kevin
Comw and join our SEED this coming Wednesday. You can get your TC, Step-up ring, filters and Oly CLA-1 from CP.:)

Thanks for the reply. So what's the price range like? for the tc210 + stepup ring + oly cla-1?

Is this setup flexible enough to allow me to use filters with it as well? Besides a 1.9 converter, is there a larger optical zoom available? Like the sharpshooter 8x? ;p

Cheers

I got the CLA-1 ($30), Step-up ring 43-52mm ($8), C-210 ($70)
from CP

I do not think CP have the sharpshooter

Hi Volk,

So are you happy with the tc210 thus far? Btw could you tell me more about the lowepro bag you bought. Actually the stuff you bought are pretty much the stuff I'm looking out for at the moment.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. So what's the price range like? for the tc210 + stepup ring + oly cla-1?

Is this setup flexible enough to allow me to use filters with it as well? Besides a 1.9 converter, is there a larger optical zoom available? Like the sharpshooter 8x? ;p

Cheers
Hi Sphoenix, I guess Volk has answered most of your qns. Once you have the CLA-1 lens tube, you can use any filter you like as long as you have the right size set-up ring. Can use polarised, ND, IR etc filters. If you can make it, come and join us this Wednesday!

The sharpshooter 8x not available in Singapore yet. Those guys and gals got it through mail order.:(

Volk, did you use the flash when you take the above pix with and without the C210?

How do you find the C210 TC, useful?

:)

Hi Sphoenix, I guess Volk has answered most of your qns. Once you have the CLA-1 lens tube, you can use any filter you like as long as you have the right size set-up ring. Can use polarised, ND, IR etc filters. If you can make it, come and join us this Wednesday!

The sharpshooter 8x not available in Singapore yet. Those guys and gals got it through mail order.:(

Thanks for the help. Yeah Volk did answer my questions. Now waiting for him/her to tell me more about the satisfaction part. So I take it that regardless of what add-on, I purchase, I will need the cla-1 lens tube.

As for Wednesday, would love to come... but I'm not free that day. Are you using any bag / pouch your c2040? Any suggestions for what I might consider?

Cheers

Volk, did you use the flash when you take the above pix with and without the C210?

How do you find the C210 TC, useful?

:)

If I remember correctly, I think the flash fires in both the pic...dunno why the second pic is dimmer...flash is blocked?

So far have not really go to make full use of the c-210...
but image wise..it is good

but a bit troublesome to attach on the c-210 when u want to zoom closer...and after the c-210 is attached...no flexiblity to go into wide mode..

Hi Volk,

So are you happy with the tc210 thus far? Btw could you tell me more about the lowepro bag you bought. Actually the stuff you bought are pretty much the stuff I'm looking out for at the moment.

Cheers

So far no regrets ...

But I think i need to get a polariser...

With the 43-52mm step up ring...the viewfinder will be slightly blocked...have to use the LCD

Regarding the bag, I got the D-Res 50 AW, Megadark and Kevin got D-Res Beltpack AW: you can view it here

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/bySeries/dres.htm

Originally posted by volk

So far no regrets ...

But I think i need to get a polariser...

With the 43-52mm step up ring...the viewfinder will be slightly blocked...have to use the LCD

Regarding the bag, I got the D-Res 50 AW, Megadark and Kevin got D-Res Beltpack AW: you can view it here

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/bySeries/dres.htm
So you coming to SEED this Wednesday?:rbounce:

So you coming to SEED this Wednesday?:rbounce:

dunno free or not...if can will pop by to take a look at the polariser and maybe tripod

any news about the olympus course?

Thanks for the help. Yeah Volk did answer my questions. Now waiting for him/her to tell me more about the satisfaction part. So I take it that regardless of what add-on, I purchase, I will need the cla-1 lens tube.

As for Wednesday, would love to come... but I'm not free that day. Are you using any bag / pouch your c2040? Any suggestions for what I might consider?

Cheers
Youe are welcome.
Yes, you need the CLA-1 regardless of what add-on unless you worry about the flash shadow then use a smaller lens tube like 43mm-37mm. But smaller thread size are difficult to find and more expensive as they are mainly used for Video Cam.

Well, Volk has told you what bag I bought (haven't used yet). I think is hard to give suggestion because bag is something personal. Get what is suitable for you, a beltpack, shoulder sling, haversack and etc. Look at the Lowepro website as it is very informative. I just stand at the bag section at CP and try every bag I think I like until I find what is suitable for me.;)

dunno free or not...if can will pop by to take a look at the polariser and maybe tripod

any news about the olympus course?
Ooops, time to call the trainer to check up on the course. Will do that.

If the SLIK tripod promotion still on is very good deal, give a lot of free gifts.:D

Ooops, time to call the trainer to check up on the course. Will do that.

If the SLIK tripod promotion still on is very good deal, give a lot of free gifts.:D

Oh izzit? I understand that most people got the SLIK U8000 or U6600 tripod.

How much do they cost? What free gifts are they giving?

Oh izzit? I understand that most people got the SLIK U8000 or U6600 tripod.

How much do they cost? What free gifts are they giving?
Volk, check this thread out, it talks about the free gift come with SLIK U8000 at $60. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=580&highlight=SLIK

I bought a SLIK U6600 at $58 last year with free gift also. Someone bought the same one this year at $45.

The following thread is a chit chat between Lifeworld and myself about the SLIK U6600. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=722&highlight=SLIK

Hi Sphoenix, sorry that we kind of hijack your thread. Hope the info. is interesting to you too.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.