Recommend cheap torchlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizzy

May 18, 2002
Bedok South
www.flickr.com
Hi, saw some earlier posts on torchlights, but the torchlight hobbyist thread seems to have expired.

Can recommend a torchlight, below $30-40. For use outside, when i take photos (dropped something other day, had a hard time finding it). Preferrably rechargable AA/AAA batteries, and small size.

Also, where can i get it.

contact CatEye in HWZ forums. Fenix lights are cheap and good. You can go for L1 or L2 series that uses AA batts. L0-series uses AAA batts.

http://www.fenixlight.com

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1581707

yupz recommend CatEye bro :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bought a few cheap & gd torches from him.

cheap as in i saw the retail prices outside are like double :bigeyes:

Ya, CatEye is a good seller. Bought a Fenix L2T from him. Nice torch.

like everyone said... CatEye is the one..

till now, still good ...

if u just need to do simple search and don't need that much light, why not use go get those small keychain kinda LED light? small simple bright cheap.

if u need to do search and rescue and need to beam the light over long distances, i recommend Pelican (e.g. Surge). but i don think $30 can buy. Personally, i use a diver's torch, the "Underwater kinetics" for army use (this one $30 can buy).

if u just want a general purpose light, i think the market has quite a lot of those many bulb LED torches that uses AA/AAA batt. I think those will work fine, just that maybe not so resistant to shock and water. if course there are better ones which have resistant features. Yahoo auction has many sellers selling them. u might wanna go there a take a look.

a great place to look for torches will be beach road army market. i recommend sng arms, but they may not give the best price, but offers the greatest variety. just go shop around.

Since blizzy (TS) lives in Bedok, it would be very much easier for him to contact CatEye as CatEye deals in Bedok area. There, CatEye can display his array of torches.

Try MagLite Solitaire. <$20 at HomeMart DIY. AAA size.

Try MagLite Solitaire. <$20 at HomeMart DIY. AAA size.

forget about getting Solitaire, not bright at all. Fenix L0 would be a better choice for similar sized light.

forget about getting Solitaire, not bright at all. Fenix L0 would be a better choice for similar sized light.

I agree.
It's not as bright as the LED.
But it is still small and handy as a backup & at that price, really cannot complain much.
LED would be my next purchase.

I agree.
It's not as bright as the LED.
But it is still small and handy as a backup & at that price, really cannot complain much.
LED would be my next purchase.

might as well save the $$$ and buy something else, solitaire really not worth buying at all.

some time back i went to sungei road..u should be able to get a torchlight within ur budget there..brand new..:thumbsup: should be able to bargain too

Anyone of you bought from CatEye by post before?
Wonder if the light would be lost in mail.
It certainly looks interesting & useful.

thanks for all the replies guys. Decided to just get a cheap flashlight for $3.50. I don't need a fancy one. Seems like a nice thing to have, but well, as long as its bright enough, it'll do

Thanks for the recommendations guys.
The Fenix is a great replacement for the Maglite!

Status
Not open for further replies.