Recommend cheap DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusion

Apr 3, 2004
any1 got a cheap digital camera to recommend?Budget hopefully below $100...else $150.Megapixels no need so good but at least must have zoom.Any models/brands will do.

fusion said:
any1 got a cheap digital camera to recommend?Budget hopefully below $100...else $150.Megapixels no need so good but at least must have zoom.Any models/brands will do.
you could try 2nd hand Canon A100 or maybe A200? should be within your budget.

However do remember that there isn't much settings to play with the cam. I know... cause i'm using the A100... :)

And also, you'd have to figure in the cost of the batts (rechargeable AAs or proprietiary batts) w/ their chargers & storage media (128/256mb CF/sD/xD? ).

actually got an a80...just want to get 1 more cheap dc for normal use...scared will go missing when i bring it to chalet.So hope to find something very cheap. :embrass:
where can i get a100 or a200 at that price?

fusion said:

If you really want a cheap digicam, maybe you can consider those "Made In Taiwan" ones, like Digimaster or O'Rite. Think BenQ cameras are also quite cheap! :D

hmm....heard from some sales channels, that Digimaster is about to launch their very new high-end CCD models. according my contacts, their internal product and marketing dept have completed the inital few rounds of testings, and they are surprised at the high quality of these new models this time onwards. heard that they have also made the prices very attractive :bigeyes:

O'rite seems to be the cheapest choice...at $159 for 2mp model.

saw on yahoo auctions theres a 2MP black cybershot U20 at a price of $125 now.

if u onli gonna use at a bit... why not juz use normal PnS film camera? Or get a disposable camera?

develop film very laychey.

I'm also thinking about a cheapo cam for my girl to mess with. I think just auto modes will do, let them get used to the idea of framing rather than messing with aperture and shutter speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.