Recommend CD customisation printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

xray

Jul 28, 2004
Singapore
www.hachisu.com.sg
I am looking for a shop that can duplicate my CDs for sale, say about 200pcs. I need the CD to have a simple title printed on it, say "My Photos 2005".

Then I need a design for the cover.

Does anyone know good printers (and cheap) for this? Thanks!;)

xray said:
Sorry good quality CD printing comes with a price. :(

Have tried several ink-jets printer that claims to be able to print on CD, however after many test, either the ink is not waterproof or it takes very long to dry. Or it would slowly fade off thru time. :(

Ended up purchasing the rimage CD printer. This printer uses thermal ink that melt the ink on the CD itself. On top of that, it does not need printable surface to print. You can check out http://www.rimage.com for more info.

Point to note... the printer alone without automatic duplicating features cost ard $4000 and per CD print is calculated ard $0.60 due to the expensive consumables. Lucky I was actually evaluating for my office use and thus my office paid for it. :)

Erhm...

I think Xray was refering to recommending a shop to print and not a printer. :sweat:
Correct me if I'm wrong Xray! ;)

ozora said:
Erhm...

I think Xray was refering to recommending a shop to print and not a printer. :sweat:
Correct me if I'm wrong Xray! ;)

Yup. I'm looking for someone to help me print. Where's a good place to find these people? Currently, I've a shop to do it, but the duplication quality is poor. I'm paying $0.80 per CD with color silkscreen print on every CD.

look for those CMYK/offset printers. they do mass production. i recalled mine was $0.50 per piece including CD. but my quantity is 400 pieces.
just note that whe you ask them to mass print, they come in a big box. with no casing, so the CDs some of them are scratched.

get the DVD ones. paid $1.2 per piece including printing and jewel case with front cover.. dunno how you can still work with CD. on average per shoot, i already do 600-1200 NEF files. which exclude the final TIFF files. but then again. I have never shot JPG before.

forgot to mention my CD/DVDs are blank discs. this allows me more options on what i want to put in it.

try :

Russ hp : 98529327
not going to be cheap and I think they prefer doing min 1000 piece. but nice work.

Also try :

Jerry Seetoh : 6323-5352
thinks min 300 piece.

I'm looking at maximum 200pcs. Any printers recommended? Or where else to find shops like these?

aiyah 200 pieces.. just get epson printers with ultrachrome inks. waterproof, fade proof. -.-"

Status
Not open for further replies.