Recommend an electric dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Hi guys

Pls advise me on a reliable electric dry cabinet to get. Preferably also include the place to get and the price. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Originally posted by majere2sg
Size ??
How about bossmen from MScolors. :D

A camera body + a couple of lenses + external flash + misc stuff(filters and so on) shld get what size? :dunno: Sorry I am not very familiar with electrical dry cabinet. Have been using an airtight container + silica gel all this while. :embrass:

Originally posted by Falcon
A camera body + a couple of lenses + external flash + misc stuff(filters and so on) shld get what size? :dunno: Sorry I am not very familiar with electrical dry cabinet. Have been using an airtight container + silica gel all this while. :embrass:

I using the bossmen 30L dry cabinet and I managed to squeeze in F717, Sony TC, Canon 420ex flash, 2 lens, 10D, 4 filters and a couple of batteries. :D

It cost around $88 for my dry cabinet if I am not wrong.

just to check with you guys, what's the electric bill like for a typical electrical dry box? Less than S$1 per month?

Originally posted by AJ23
just to check with you guys, what's the electric bill like for a typical electrical dry box? Less than S$1 per month?

The effort and equipment cost to find out how much electricity a dry box costs a month would/might costs several months of dry box elec bill.

ie i don't know. :D

My dry box has a rating but i have long lost the crappy piece of paper which passed off as an instruction manual. But i do know the box switches itself off once a certain dryness is reached; ie the less you open it, the less the bill is.

Maybe someone w a power rating of a dry box could post it. It'll be a simple matter to estimate a ballpark figure for e cost.

I using the bossmen 30L dry cabinet and I managed to squeeze in F717, Sony TC, Canon 420ex flash, 2 lens, 10D, 4 filters and a couple of batteries. :D

Got any more storage space left for future expansion after putting in those stuff? :)

majere2sg,

Where did you buy your dry cabinet?
TIA.

Get Toyo Living from Cathay. They are very reliable and come with 5 yrs warranty. Avoid Tropic Dry. I've had bad problems with mine. Got it repaired twice within 8 months because it died both times. At the end I had to threaten to sue them before they would replace the entire circuit board.

MS Color have a new kind of Digi-Cabi with digital hydrometer.

30L ones cost about $110. 5 year warranty.

At digipoint shop in Suntec City, selling ampro ones, 1 year warranty $150 for a 55L ones.

heard from AP that a average 30l drybox will cost abt $4/- electric bill ...any bro can verify?

In the previous IT show in June, there are some special offers for Bossmen dry cabinets.

Maybe they will be back in Sept's Comdex show.

Nowadays, PC Show or IT Show, seems to be more like a Digital Camera show and Printer show.

They should have a separate show in Singapore for Photographic Equipments like Film SLRs, Lenses, DSLR...etc

Maybe something like Photokina...

From Mscolors website under promotion, I see that Bossman 66L is selling for $150 only. Comes with 5 years warranty. Anyone bought that ?

Wah, is it very big?

Can I ask a stupid question? If I put some used silica gel into the dry cabinet, will silica gel turns back to dark blue? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.