Recommend Aloha chalets for Fraser's Hill & Cameron Highlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernLights

Dec 17, 2002
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hi,

Just driven to Fraser's Hill and stayed in the Singapore Government's chalet (also open to public booking). It is super clean and very well maintained. Cot beds and additional beds are available.

You can check it out here...only S$60/room/night. Civil servants (ministries) only pay S$30. http://www.aloha.gov.sg/

51626409.DPP_1000.jpg

51626406.DPP_1067.jpg

51626407.DPP_1047.jpg
My car is in the backdrop.

Dinner provided at only RM13/person. Get soup, 3 dishes and fruit. Cooked by Hainanese family. They are salaried people, paid by Singapore Government.

Highly recommended!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We stayed over at ALoha Cameron Highlands over the weekend. The chalet was not bad, only complain is the lack of entertainment in the chalet. Mahjong or cable tv would be good ;)

icarus said:
We stayed over at ALoha Cameron Highlands over the weekend. The chalet was not bad, only complain is the lack of entertainment in the chalet. Mahjong or cable tv would be good ;)

Hi,

Do you have any more info on Cluny Lodge? I'm going end of this month and would appreciate any advice on whether it is easy to get around using the taxi service. Is the rooms in good condition?

Thanks! :)

Any help? :sweat:

Clundy Lodge actually has a shortcut to the town which most likely where the bus will stop by for you to take breakfast (second town, forgotten what is the name of the town). You can alighted there althought the bus driver will try to ask you to join their tour :bsmilie: .

We arrange a passenager van to bring us around the places. It costs us RM$200 (for 9 persons). You can ask the caretaker to book the van for you. While you can get a cab, we hardly see it on the road.

For the room, it is quite clean. There is nothing much to worry. However, no aircon :sweat: so open the window will do.

I think icarus can give more info as the map is with him.

Cheers
John

Thanks John! :)

Been a while since I'm been to Cameron. The last time is more than 10 yrs ago when Strawberry Park is still relatively young. This time decide to take advantage of the low rates for Aloha resorts to revisit the place. We only have two persons and I guess a van would be too big. Guess I may need to ask if the caretaker has any lobbangz for the tour around the farms. :sweat:

AndrewL said:
Thanks John! :)

Been a while since I'm been to Cameron. The last time is more than 10 yrs ago when Strawberry Park is still relatively young. This time decide to take advantage of the low rates for Aloha resorts to revisit the place. We only have two persons and I guess a van would be too big. Guess I may need to ask if the caretaker has any lobbangz for the tour around the farms. :sweat:

Should have taxi. Maybe you check with the caretaker. More important is to find out the shortcut to move between the town and the Lodge.

Cheers
John

AndrewL said:
Hi,

Do you have any more info on Cluny Lodge? I'm going end of this month and would appreciate any advice on whether it is easy to get around using the taxi service. Is the rooms in good condition?

Thanks! :)

We booked a van to take all 9 of us for 1 full day. Just tell the driver/guide what u would like to see and do there, and he will bring u guys there.
Never tried the taxi service b4 in CH :bsmilie:

Cluny lodge is quite ok, but maybe u can bring some games to play there at nite. The TV do not have cable, only TV1 and TV2. Room comes with a huge bathroom. Personally i find it a bit stuffy at night, need to open window like what john said.

u can only get a taxi at the town, or u can book a taxi from any hotel (just go in any hotel and ask for help). I dun see any empty cab running around freely.

recommend that u find a hotel near the town so that u can go for meals easily, as well as catch a cab at the town. from strawberry park to any town is RM10 :sweat:

NorthernLights said:
Hi,

Just driven to Fraser's Hill and stayed in the Singapore Government's chalet (also open to public booking). It is super clean and very well maintained. Cot beds and additional beds are available.

You can check it out here...only S$60/room/night. Civil servants (ministries) only pay S$30. http://www.aloha.gov.sg/

51626409.DPP_1000.jpg

51626406.DPP_1067.jpg

51626407.DPP_1047.jpg
My car is in the backdrop.

Dinner provided at only RM13/person. Get soup, 3 dishes and fruit. Cooked by Hainanese family. They are salaried people, paid by Singapore Government.

Highly recommended

This is the Richmond Lodge (or bungalow)?? Been there and love it!! :heart: Their steamboat dinner is :thumbsup: . Can even arrange for BBQ if advance notice is given. Heard that the food here is the best as compared to the rest of the Aloha bungalows.

icarus said:
We booked a van to take all 9 of us for 1 full day. Just tell the driver/guide what u would like to see and do there, and he will bring u guys there.
Never tried the taxi service b4 in CH :bsmilie:

Cluny lodge is quite ok, but maybe u can bring some games to play there at nite. The TV do not have cable, only TV1 and TV2. Room comes with a huge bathroom. Personally i find it a bit stuffy at night, need to open window like what john said.

Thanks! :) Might ask ard and see if some hotel so offer those one day tour kind. Which room you staying? Cos it seems there are three levels? Or two levels? and each room is not really similar right?

Just wondering, is the steamboat over there really nice? Heard some not so nice things about the presence of a few con restaurants quoting high prices. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.