recommend a value for money 2.1 M pixel camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

socrates

Could anybody please recommend a value for money 2.1 M pixel camera. Thnaks

none other than 2040

some others if you prefer small size:

1) Minolta Dimage X @ S$730.00 ( available by this week )

2) Canon Digital Ixus V @ S$775.00
* 64MB compact flash card
gift to redeem from Canon Customer Care Centre

3) Nikon Coolpix 775 @ S$600.00
* 64Mb compact flash card
* EN-EL1 battery

Originally posted by mpenza
some others if you prefer small size:

1) Minolta Dimage X @ S$730.00 ( available by this week )

2) Canon Digital Ixus V @ S$775.00
* 64MB compact flash card
gift to redeem from Canon Customer Care Centre

3) Nikon Coolpix 775 @ S$600.00
* 64Mb compact flash card
* EN-EL1 battery

Those are good if you go after looks/size, but I think the 2040 offers better value in that it has a fast f1.8 lens and full manual controls. ;)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Those are good if you go after looks/size, but I think the 2040 offers better value in that it has a fast f1.8 lens and full manual controls. ;)

Regards
CK

The C-2040z can get for abt $650 @ AP.....but wif std accessories onli...

Originally posted by socrates
Could anybody please recommend a value for money 2.1 M pixel camera. Thnaks

Better still, say what kinda features do u need so that the lao jiao here can advise u better....:)

Originally posted by Jayan

Better still, say what kinda features do u need so that the lao jiao here can advise u better....:)

The olym c2040z would have most of the features you need anyway.

What other extra features would be necessary/possible (other than a longer zoom lens)?

Originally posted by Altec

The olym c2040z would have most of the features you need anyway.

What other extra features would be necessary/possible (other than a longer zoom lens)?

A value-for-money DC may be a simple fuly-auto point-n-shoot also. In which case Nikon, Fujifilm, Minolta, Canon etc. have lotsa them wif diff price points and features.

Originally posted by Jayan

A value-for-money DC may be a simple fuly-auto point-n-shoot also. In which case Nikon, Fujifilm, Minolta, Canon etc. have lotsa them wif diff price points and features.

And for about the same price, you can get the Oly c2040z. So what if you don't make use of all the features?

And for about the same price, you can get the Oly c2040z. So what if you don't make use of all the features?

there're cheaper cameras that do not have as much manual features but might be good enough for the users. It depends greatly on the user.

A Fujifilm 2600z wif 2.1MP + 3x optical zoom sells at abt $500. This DC is targeted squarely at consumers who don't care abt DOF, shutter speed, aperture etc. They just need something that's easy and fun to use on birthday parties, travels.....

This is different from the Oly C-2040z which is more for the 'prosumer' group.

So that's why we need to know what kinda use the Dc is intended for.

Originally posted by mpenza

there're cheaper cameras that do not have as much manual features but might be good enough for the users. It depends greatly on the user.

Agree.

The Olympus 2040 seems to well recommended. Can those who own it give a brief run down on what they like about it and what they hope could be better? What kind of batteries do the 2040 use? Thanks

The Olympus 2040 seems to well recommended. Can those who own it give a brief run down on what they like about it and what they hope could be better? What kind of batteries do the 2040 use? Thanks

4 x AA.

One of the most popular camera in town now. Cost $580 and easy to use. Actually i was aiming that as my camera but my brother told me to buy olympus. This is because that he said that olympus is the official camera for hospital for surgery. If wasn't my brother strongly recommend olympus, i had already bought that canon A20. Very good starter for beginner like us though i haven't bought any camera yet and still learning some digital camera technical terms and usage.

some useful link for you.

http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/a20_a10/

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/a20.html

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona20/

A20 is old stuff already, canon has introduced the new a30 and a40 to replace a10 and a20. Perhaps you would like to wait for it's arrival :)

Hmm hard to describe lah... hee but bascially it's a very good camera to grow with. Night shots are really good.

Auto mode is good enuff for anyone new.

I'm still trying to learn how to use it's manual control :D

For picture quality wise, maybe u can check out my gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.