Recommend a short trip....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taiwan? Not very conventional, but its still away frm Singapore and flight's there only abt 6hrs. Morning fly, afternoon reach. Fool around for like 3.5 days and u fly back again.

Vietnam? Cambodia? Philippines?

I was thinking along the lines of Perth & Tokyo as well, but unless u're thoroughly familiar with the place (or u'd done lotsa homework beforehand), u can't see or shoot much for 4 days.

jsbn said:
Taiwan? Not very conventional, but its still away frm Singapore and flight's there only abt 6hrs. Morning fly, afternoon reach. Fool around for like 3.5 days and u fly back again.

yah... i am thinking of Taipei... but would 4 days be sufficient??...
is it better to go on a backpack or guided tour??...
what you mean by "fooling around"?..:p

Cambodia.

Angkor Wat, The Bayon in Angkor Thom and Ta Phrom (famous Tomb Raider scene) are sights to behold. Lots of photo opportunity.

Not expensive as well. JetStarAsia has a promotion going on now too. Guesthouses are cheap there (as low as US$2 to US$4). Transport and food (delicious!) are easy to find. It is possible to spend less than S$500 for a relatively comfortable 5-days stay there.

U can pm me if you want some details.

blurboiboi said:
yah... i am thinking of Taipei... but would 4 days be sufficient??...
is it better to go on a backpack or guided tour??...
what you mean by "fooling around"?..:p
Erm.... dun get me wrong, I'm not referring to finding the 'poultry' kind of 'fooling around' :bsmilie:

Anyway, have u been to Taipei before? If u haven't, maybe u can try a guided package tour. I believe Chan Brothers got this 4 day tour package thing on their last travel show 2wks ago. U can call 'em up and ask. It all depends on hw adventurous u are.

Personally, I prefer to walk around alone.... kinda like a backpack.

jsbn said:
I'm not referring to finding the 'poultry' .........

ducks? :bsmilie: ... beware of bird flu though... :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

DT_ said:
ducks? :bsmilie: ... beware of bird flu though... :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

chicken cannot meh ?? :bsmilie:

Go find, but eye see hand no touch.
Hand touch, backside pain.

In this case, its not backside pain. It will be ur whole body pain and die. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
Erm.... dun get me wrong, I'm not referring to finding the 'poultry' kind of 'fooling around' :bsmilie:

Anyway, have u been to Taipei before? If u haven't, maybe u can try a guided package tour. I believe Chan Brothers got this 4 day tour package thing on their last travel show 2wks ago. U can call 'em up and ask. It all depends on hw adventurous u are.

Personally, I prefer to walk around alone.... kinda like a backpack.
but alot of time this package are 2-to-go. so going alone will be more expensive, right?

Hmm.... yeah. Maybe the price for a 2-to-go is like.... $900? And we're prolly looking at $1200 for a lone warrior? :dunno:

Might as well backpack I feel.

jsbn said:
Hmm.... yeah. Maybe the price for a 2-to-go is like.... $900? And we're prolly looking at $1200 for a lone warrior? :dunno:

Might as well backpack I feel.
4 days backpack for $1200??!!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
New backpacking style I guess.. For that money, I think u can even hire a Sherpa to chaperone u.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Well, dat's prolly for the tour packages. Dun quote me. Those are a guess figure. :bsmilie:

7 to 8 days package to Taiwan would cost from $800...excluding taxes.....if just 4 days... much lower.......but if u speak mandarin can easily go there free and easy...

Or can go climb Mt Kinabalu...4 days is just nice...the usual time people take...

csy said:
Cambodia.

Angkor Wat, The Bayon in Angkor Thom and Ta Phrom (famous Tomb Raider scene) are sights to behold. Lots of photo opportunity.

Not expensive as well. JetStarAsia has a promotion going on now too. Guesthouses are cheap there (as low as US$2 to US$4). Transport and food (delicious!) are easy to find. It is possible to spend less than S$500 for a relatively comfortable 5-days stay there.

U can pm me if you want some details.

LENS, I can't PM you the details you wanted. Your msg boxes are full.

Status
Not open for further replies.